No announcement yet.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hi,
    I am a new member and not very computer savvy, I am 56 years old and have not rode a bike in 35 years. Purchased a new 1978 GS750 traded that for a new 1979 GS850 and traded for a new 1980 GS1000E and have not had a bike since. My kids finished college and I thought it was time for a new hobby. I have always thought the Suzuki GS bikes were some of best bikes on the road even though all my friends road Hondas and laughed at me. Anyway started looking for a GS650g April 2015 and found a 1982 GS650g with 9500 miles on it. It was most all there and well taken care of, started to look for new handlebars and mirrors and purchased other parts that where missing. The bike ran OK but the enrichment system did not work well and it had a hanging idle and it never had a consistent idle. Bought a Clymer manual and started to surf the internet and ran across you guys and I can't tell how much you guys have helped me. Did most everything you suggested cleaned and dipped the carbs, new intake boots, new orings, drilled out idle screw plugs, Sycned the carbs, checked valve clearances, fixed the air box and bike ran like a new bike. I am about to check my swingarm bearings and check the final drive and driven joint. I just want to thank all you guys and tell all you GS fans out there to listen to these guys cause they sure know what they are talking about.

Thanks again
    Mike K
    Green Bay WI
    Last edited by Guest; 12-13-2015, 03:13 PM.

Welcome Mike. Sounds like you are off to a great start with your GS650. Got any pictures?

Comment

Green Bay?

I hope you don't paint it green and gold

Sounds like you will be having a long winter to work on it.
      1978 GS 1000 (since new)
      1979 GS 1000 (The Fridge, superbike replica project)
      1978 GS 1000 (parts)
      1981 GS 850 (anyone want a project?)
      1981 GPZ 550 (backroad screamer)
      1970 450 Mk IIID (THUMP!)
      2007 DRz 400S
      1999 ATK 490ES
      1994 DR 350SES

Comment

No they might paint our streets green and gold but not my GS.

Comment

Welcome to the group Mike. Great bikes those 650's, first chance you get throw up a bunch of pictures. Sure sounds like you're not shy of wrenchin', good to hear you're doing your own work.
          Rob
          1983 1100ES, 98' ST1100, 02' DR-Z400E and a few other 'bits and pieces'
          Are you on the GSR Google Earth Map yet? http://www.thegsresources.com/_forum...d.php?t=170533

Comment

Here is my bike.

Trying to post picture. I want to see if this works.
            Attached Files

Comment

Yup....worked just fine....Im a noob here myself, but welcome to the forum !

Comment

Welcome.... thanks for the intro. The bike looks good.
                sigpic
                When consulting the magic 8 ball for advice, one must first ask it "will your answers be accurate?"

Glen
                -85 1150 es - Plus size supermodel.
                -Rusty old scooter.
                Other things I like to photograph.....instagram.com/gs_junkie
                https://www.instagram.com/glen_brenner/
                https://www.flickr.com/photos/152267...7713345317771/

Comment

Great looking bike, Mike.
                  Welcome to the site.
                  2@ \'78 GS1000

Comment

Working...