newbie thanks for having me

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

newbie thanks for having me

thanks for adding me I have a 77 wire wheeled gs750 and a 78 gs1000e im based in central scotlandsuzuli gs750 sorted.jpg

Welcome Hugh,

As soon as I read your thread title, I knew you weren't American. I wish people here could hear your accent!

I married a Scott who migrated (at the age of 2) to Haverhill, Suffolk county, England in 1990 so I have Scottish in-laws and love trying to figure out what you're saying.

Wire-wheeled is classic...the blokes over here call them spokes. Already I'm liking the new lingo you will be speaking from your native Scotland.

Moar/more pics please! We love pics... Especially of the countryside in the background.

Ed
    Last edited by GSXR7ED; 11-23-2015, 10:22 AM.
    GS750TZ V&H/4-1, Progressive Shocks, Rebuilt MC/braided line, Tarozzi Stabilizer[Seq#2312]
    GS750TZ Parts Bike [Seq#6036]
    GSX-R750Y (Sold)

my opinion shouldn't be taken as gospel or in any way that would lead you to believe otherwise (30Sep2021)
    Originally posted by GSXR7ED
    Forums are pretty much unrecognizable conversations; simply because it's a smorgasbord of feedback...from people we don't know. It's not too difficult to ignore the things that need to be bypassed.

Comment

There is some great riding around therScotland, spent a couple years there, rode just about every mile in the country at one time or another.

Welcome to the forum!

Life is too short to ride an L.

Comment

Welcome to the site, Hugh.
        Nice looking 750.
        Now Ed, we all know a Morgan has wire wheels, a Suzuki has spokes.
        2@ \'78 GS1000

Comment

Hey Steve,

I'm learning...and that's the best way!

Ed
          GS750TZ V&H/4-1, Progressive Shocks, Rebuilt MC/braided line, Tarozzi Stabilizer[Seq#2312]
          GSX-R750Y (Sold)

my opinion shouldn't be taken as gospel or in any way that would lead you to believe otherwise (30Sep2021)
          Forums are pretty much unrecognizable conversations; simply because it's a smorgasbord of feedback...from people we don't know. It's not too difficult to ignore the things that need to be bypassed.

Comment

cheers if your ever back on holiday there's a bike here for you

Comment

hiya Ed aye I'm fae a wee toon cawed Kincardine in the county of Clackmannanshire , whit pairt o' Scotland is yer wifey fae? lol , if yer ever over here be sure and look me up and yes we call them spokes here as well I was trying to blend in with the yank terminology

Comment

many thanks

Comment

Scotland the Brave

Originally posted by hugh ramsay View Post
                  hiya Ed aye I'm fae a wee toon cawed Kincardine in the county of Clackmannanshire , whit pairt o' Scotland is yer wifey fae? lol , if yer ever over here be sure and look me up and yes we call them spokes here as well I was trying to blend in with the yank terminology
                  You are hilarious! Thanks for that! I can tell you're a riot down at the pub.

My wife was born in Coatbridge, Lanarkshire county. Her father (rest his soul) worked in a metals factory (Plater) and had to find work in England after being put on the dull in the early 1970s. He had 7 daughters and 1 son...who is second eldest. I happen to marry the youngest daughter in the lot (born in Feb 1971).

We speak the same language...I just love how literal the word is spoken up in the highlands. It's like that everywhere you go but I must emphasize the places I've visited.

Good to meet you Hugh, alright!

My mother-in-law says: "Okai the new". Not sure what it means but it's great to try and repeat alot of what she says.

Ed
                  Last edited by GSXR7ED; 11-23-2015, 08:56 PM.
                  GSX-R750Y (Sold)

Comment

heh heh heh coatbrig aye , no wonder they moved to England (im working in that s..thole on Wed sadly) bye the way it means oh yes , just know ?

Comment

I Love Americans!

Originally posted by hugh ramsay View Post
                      heh heh heh coatbrig aye , no wonder they moved to England (im working in that s..thole on Wed sadly) bye the way it means oh yes , just know ?
                      Well, this American loved visiting that s..thole...cause I was just passing through. I have a story...

Went down to a pub one evening with my wife's cousin and hung out with the boys. During one of my visits to the Lew, a drunken young lad stood right next to me at the urinals and started talking. When I answered him back, he decided to tell me how much he loved Americans. No, it's not what you think...

He finished his business but persisted that he show me his yank boxers to prove how much he loved the US. Well, he made his point and I quickly darted out of there. Fun times during my visit for sure!

Ed
                      GSX-R750Y (Sold)

Comment

Welcome Hugh. Nice looking bike!

Comment

Working...
                        X