Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

New GS Owner in East TN

Hey everybody,

I picked up a 1981 GS1000GL a month or so back for $500. It ran when I bought it but not real well... My plan is to strip it down and rebuild it as a bobber style bike (which from my lurking is not super popular here haha). I'll be updating a post in the builds section with pictures and anything I can post to help out! I'm not a mechanic so I'm sure I'll have some questions. I live in East TN for anyone who is in this area and wants to ride in the spring!! I also have a 2011 Victory Vegas 8ball.

Tommy

Do post pics.

Had 850G for 14 years. Now have GK since 2005.
    GK at IndyMotoGP Suzuki Display... ... GK on GSResources Page ... ... Euro Trash Ego Machine .. ..3 mo'cykls.... update 2 mocykl

Comment

Check my build thread! It's titles East TN Bobber

Comment

Are you doing a restoration project of some kind on a GS? Let everyone see what you are doing by posting the details here.

Had 850G for 14 years. Now have GK since 2005.
        GK at IndyMotoGP Suzuki Display... ... GK on GSResources Page ... ... Euro Trash Ego Machine .. ..3 mo'cykls.... update 2 mocykl

Comment

Thanks for throwing the link in there! Also, this may be a total NEWB question but is there some way to reverse the post order in the threads? so the oldest post is the top of page 1 and the newest post is last? It's killin me that trying to read these long threads backwards haha

Comment

Originally posted by kvillebuckeye View Post
            Thanks for throwing the link in there! Also, this may be a total NEWB question but is there some way to reverse the post order in the threads? so the oldest post is the top of page 1 and the newest post is last? It's killin me that trying to read these long threads backwards haha

Click on 'Settings' at the top of the page, then select 'General Settings' (under My Account) from the left hand side...

Scroll down and change your options in Thread Display Mode.
            The continuing renovation of a GS850L

Comment

Greetings from Maryville! Welcome to GSR.
              -1978 Suzuki GS1000EC
              DONE!!! Rebuild thread: http://www.thegsresources.com/_forum...d.php?t=155564
              -2012 Triumph Daytona 675R

Comment

Appreciate the heads up on how to change it! And Maryville is an awesome town, and great riding! I'm up in Knoxville.

Comment

I'm up in Knox fairly often, give me a shout if you ever need a hand.
                  -1978 Suzuki GS1000EC
                  DONE!!! Rebuild thread: http://www.thegsresources.com/_forum...d.php?t=155564
                  -2012 Triumph Daytona 675R

Comment

Working...
                  X