New Member, Joined today!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

New Member, Joined today!

Hey Gang! Just joined today and already got my question answered? Talk about service! Anyway, just picked up an 83 GS850L little over 15k on the ticker. Getting carbs cleaned and reassembled ( did alot of the work myself, with just the slightest oversight from my mechanic. Getting windshield and tires and I'll be good to go. Need to fix horn or horn switch or wiring in between, still in the process of figuring that out. I can tell already with the experience of the members on this site it will be my one stop shop for all my questions regarding my newest pony in the stable. Thanks again for your patience with the newbie and I look forward to learning all I can about my GS850.bike3.jpg Brendan.

Don't stand in the open when you ask a question on here - you could be run over in the stampede to help
    This if you haven't already found it http://members.dslextreme.com/users/bikecliff/
    Pay attention to the charging system. Find Posplayr's sig and get checking. The stock regulators fail and fry stators and the stock wiring of earths needs revising and and and..........................
    Many happy miles and safe arrivals.
    97 R1100R
    Previous
    80 GS850G, 79 Z400B, 85 R100RT, 80 Z650D, 76 CB200

Comment

name says it all I suppose?

Comment

Is this a conspiracy and the world is being taken over by Brendan's....

Welcome Brendan (without the W). You'll see your near namesake has filled in his location and that can be really helpful as the same bike in different parts of the world could have different specs. Plus you might have a member who lives just down the road from you willing to completely rebuild your bike in exchange for a beer and a chat.

If you want to test your horn just short it across your battery. I bet it's a bit of muck in the switch, happens a lot.
        79 GS1000S
        79 GS1000S (another one)
        80 GSX750
        80 GS550
        80 CB650 cafe racer
        75 PC50 - the one with OHV and pedals...
        75 TS100 - being ridden (suicidally) by my father

Comment

Originally posted by hampshirehog View Post
          Is this a conspiracy and the world is being taken over by Brendan's....
          I'd check with Mark ........... no point in denying it
          97 R1100R
          Previous
          80 GS850G, 79 Z400B, 85 R100RT, 80 Z650D, 76 CB200

Comment

Welcome. As you've observed, there's a boatload of knowledge here. Good luck and enjoy.
            sigpic
            When consulting the magic 8 ball for advice, one must first ask it "will your answers be accurate?"

Glen
            -85 1150 es - Plus size supermodel.
            -Rusty old scooter.
            Other things I like to photograph.....instagram.com/gs_junkie
            https://www.instagram.com/glen_brenner/
            https://www.flickr.com/photos/152267...7713345317771/

Comment

Welcome Neighbor

Comment

Working...
              X