New GS'er from Alberta

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

New GS'er from Alberta

Hi all, just got my first Suzuki last summer. Usually ride Honda's. It's an 85 GS 750 ES. I'm really liking it so far, nimble with the 16 inch front tire and a big jump in power from my old 400. Also a lot smoother and nicer to ride than my old 78 Honda 750 super sport. Had to do a bit of work on it, new tires, leaky brakes, only semi functional instruments, many missing bits. Fortunately I found an 84 at the bike wrecker and was able to get all of the missing pieces. Hurrah !. Now have a functional cluster. Still limited to short trips only due to non working charging system. Hoping to fix that and get the seat redone this summer. Bike is all black, engine, exhaust, everything. Which seems to be different from US models. Already found useful info on here on the charging system. One annoying thing, I have three different keys for the bike, 1 each for the ignition, the gas cap, and the seat. Have to get that worked out somehow.
    Attached Files
    Last edited by Guest; 02-29-2016, 09:52 PM.

Originally posted by leducgser View Post
    Hi all, just got my first Suzuki last summer. Usually ride Honda's. It's an 85 GS 750 ES. I'm really liking it so far, nimble with the 16 inch front tire and a big jump in power from my old 400. Also a lot smoother and nicer to ride than my old 78 Honda 750 super sport. Had to do a bit of work on it, new tires, leaky brakes, only semi functional instruments, many missing bits. Fortunately I found an 84 at the bike wrecker and was able to get all of the missing pieces. Hurrah !. Now have a functional cluster. Still limited to short trips only due to non working charging system. Hoping to fix that and get the seat redone this summer. Bike is all black, engine, exhaust, everything. Which seems to be different from US models. Already found useful info on here on the charging system. One annoying thing, I have three different keys for the bike, 1 each for the ignition, the gas cap, and the seat. Have to get that worked out somehow.
    Welcome to the Forum leducgser, I can help you with your keying problem, I can rekey your gas cap and seat lock if you mail them to me with the key number for the ignition and I'll sort them out for you.

I'm in Vancouver BC so no borders or unfavourable exchange rates to deal with.

Let me know if you would like to me to handle that for you and I'll send you my address and rates, approx. $25.00 lock.

Regards,

David.
    2018 Honda Africa Twin AS
    2013 DR 650 Grey, sold 1981 GS 650E Silver,

1980 GS1000ST Blue & White, X2

2012 DL650 Vstrom Foxy Orange, in storage
    1981 CT110 X2 "Postie Bikes" Gone to a New Home.
    2002 BMW 1150 GS Blue & White - Sold
    1975 BMW R90/6 Black - Sold 1984 GS1150EF Sold
    1982 BMW R100 Africa trip, Stolen - Recovered- Sold
    1977-1980 Suzuki GS550, GS1000E, GS1000S GSX750, GSX1100,s
    Hondas ST90, CR125 CB175 , CB350 CB750, NSU Quickly, Yamaha RD's 350/400,

Comment

Hi Kiwi Canuck, thanks for the welcome. I hope to have the locks rekeyed locally sometime this summer, but will keep you in mind if that doesn't work out.

Comment

Good to see another prairie guy - welcome Leducgser.
        1979 GS1000
        1981 GL500 Interstate

Comment

welcome and enjoy your ES

Comment

Working...
          X