Hello from SoHo Speed Shop

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hello from SoHo Speed Shop

Hello everyone, I'm a small garage builder with a few GS builds under my belt at this time. I havent posted in a while so I thought I would reintroduce myself to you all. I started building a few years ago after blowing out my knee mountain biking. I came across my motorcycle in a barn find situation. since then I have owned 4 GS's. My first was a GS450 that I converted into a cafe build. zero.jpg

Then I got a the unicorn I wish I never should have gotten rid of, but I did so there it is....A GS1000S pulled from a barn with a title....
    For some reason the pic won't upload but you can check it out at my old blog....

Here is my next project...GS1000S the Wes Cooley Replica....engine first....picked from a barn in Southern Indiana...

Then I got a GT250 and built it...

You can see it at....

Then I built another GS 450 caller this salty little bratstyle bobber Veruca....

Now I'm getting a GS850L and I cant wait to dive into it after riding it all season....

Thanks
    Jason Price
    Southern Hoosier Speed Shop
    Southern Hoosier Speed Shop Southern. Fried. Style.

Welcome back, it's a site you can't stay away from for ever. Lots of personal touches with your bikes that's for sure. Please stick to the L models for hackin'
    Rob
    1983 1100ES, 98' ST1100, 02' DR-Z400E and a few other 'bits and pieces'
    Are you on the GSR Google Earth Map yet? http://www.thegsresources.com/_forum...d.php?t=170533

Comment

Originally posted by azr View Post
      Welcome back, it's a site you can't stay away from for ever. Lots of personal touches with your bikes that's for sure. Please stick to the L models for hackin'

That's why I got rid of the Wes Cooley...I knew if I kept it I would regret what I did to it....It was sold to Rice Patty in Columbus Ohio where it is currently being restored

If you check out my blogs you will see that I take basket cases and hack on them, so a good original bike I will keep for a bit, ride it and build something else...once you chop um up there's no going back to original...
      Last edited by Guest; 04-15-2016, 12:19 PM.

Comment

Welcome back. Ive seen that 450 here somewhere while searching old posts. Very cool.
        sigpic
        When consulting the magic 8 ball for advice, one must first ask it "will your answers be accurate?"

Glen
        -85 1150 es - Plus size supermodel.
        -Rusty old scooter.
        Other things I like to photograph.....instagram.com/gs_junkie
        https://www.instagram.com/glen_brenner/
        https://www.flickr.com/photos/152267...7713345317771/

Comment

Welcome back, Jason.
          That 450 is very nice. Did you ever have it on a scale?
          2@ \'78 GS1000

Comment

Thanks for the compliment, Never had it on the scale but the red GS I could pick up the rear or the front independently with no problem ...

Comment

Nice!
              I like cafe's that are honestly built to go faster that stock.
              "Only fe' collected the old way, has any value." from His Majesty O'Keefe (1954 film)
              1982 GS1100G- road bike, body, seat and suspension modded
              1990 GSX750F-(1127cc '92 GSXR engine) track bike, much re-engineered
              1987 Honda CBR600F Hurricane; hooligan bike, restored

Comment

Originally posted by sohospeedshop View Post
                That's why I got rid of the Wes Cooley...I knew if I kept it I would regret what I did to it....It was sold to Rice Patty in Columbus Ohio where it is currently being restored

If you check out my blogs you will see that I take basket cases and hack on them, so a good original bike I will keep for a bit, ride it and build something else...once you chop um up there's no going back to original...
                A lot of us are glad to see a post like this!To many nice bike chopped up IMHO.

Comment

I would agree with that...I try to find basket cases to build into cafe racers or bobbers...old bikes are getting harder and harder to find in good shape and once chopped up can never go back to stock...My good friend Chad Francis of Retro Wrench in Louisville KY gave me the best advice EVER..."Don't try to out think a Japanese engineer"

Comment

Really nice work on that 450 brat! I have a 450 cafe that I've been wanting slap a katana swing arm on like you did. Can you give some details on it? Like how hard was it to fit. And what's your rear wheel from?

Comment

Cool stuff! Welcome back

Comment

Originally posted by sohospeedshop View Post
                        Hello everyone, I'm a small garage builder with a few GS builds ....
                        Southern Hoosier Speed Shop
                        Jason,

Ah, SoHo is Southern Hoosier .... anywhere close to Bedford....?

Bedford is site of rally in June. Check it out in "Meeting Place".

Had 850G for 14 years. Now have GK since 2005.
                        GK at IndyMotoGP Suzuki Display... ... GK on GSResources Page ... ... Euro Trash Ego Machine .. ..3 mo'cykls.... update 2 mocykl

Comment

Working...
                        X