Finished Project 1980 GS1000GL TODAY!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Finished Project 1980 GS1000GL TODAY!

Still have a few small items I want to take care of but bike runs as it should and will pass state inspection next week when I go to register it. Took it for a test ride today and small adjustments need to be made in a few areas but it ran nicely.

Done.1.jpg

GS_done1.jpg

Another view

Comment

GS_done2.jpg
      yet another...

Comment

Nice. What kind of pods are you running?
        #1: 1979 GS 550 EC "Red" – Very first Bike / Overhaul thread        New here? ☛ Read the Top 10 Newbie mistakes thread
        #2: 1978 GS 550 EC "Blue" – Can't make it a donor / "Rebuild" thread     Manuals (and much more): See Cliff's homepage here
        #3: 2014 Moto Guzzi V7 II Racer – One needs a runner while wrenching
        #4: 1980 Moto Guzzi V65C – Something to chill

Comment

Emgo pods. I am using some carbs off a 1980 GS1100L and I just couldn't get the stock GS1000GL air box to fit on them. Almost as if the spacing were wrong. Have new carb holders and the carbs fit them great. I would prefer to use the stock airbox which I actually have a brand new K&N filter for...

Noted in the brat build thread in this forum that the owner of that thing unbolted his mufflers on an 82 GS1100G. Don't see how as his exhaust is the same as mine. My pipes are way too loud and I suspect the baffles were punched or just burned out somehow. The system looks fine otherwise. Has anyone ever re-packed or added baffles? The welded-on end caps complicate the issue. The only 4 into 2 I have seen is a MAC with turnouts and I really dislike turn outs.... Any tips would be appreciated in this regard.

Would these pipes work on my bike?
          Last edited by Guest; 05-09-2016, 09:17 AM.

Comment

Working...
          X