Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

First Bike! 1981 GS850 in Newfoundland

Hello everyone,

I just picked up my very first bike and couldn't be happier with it. Now she needs a bit of work nothing to major, I hope. After reading the welcome page I realized I'm glad I found this page as the previous owner put pod filters and took the baffles out of the bike and I was wondering why it was bogging itself down under acceleration. Now I know that I need a jet kit ( just ordered it from 6 sigma). I do have one question though. What is the difference/ how can I tell the diffence between the GS850, GS850G, GS850GN?

20160509_200251.jpg

Welcome! The GS850 term lacks the next letter which idents the model. A GS850G is the shaft, GS850GL is the cruiser (step seat, small tank) and so on. The next letter after that is Suzuki's year identifier. For example, I BELIEVE a GS850GT would be the shaft model for 1980. X is the 81, etc. I am not sure how they came up with the letter system. There may be a good model guide on this site but I have found it takes awhile to assimilate all the info; a guide to all Suzuki models is at: http://www.suzukicycles.org/

Comment

Welcome to the site, Chris.
      I have niece in Clarenville.
      Beautiful area but not a very long riding season.
      Good luck with your refurb.
      2@ \'78 GS1000

Comment

Thank guys! Steve I also have a bit of family there as well

Comment

Working...
        X