Returning to the forum

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Returning to the forum

Hey all. Joined last fall after the purchase of an 850L. I didn't stay long as I quickly traded the bike for a very nice, but a bit older, Mustang. Wasn't looking for it to happen, it just dit. Anyway, I was driving the other day and noticed a very nice looking L model sitting for sale. I realized quickly it was a 550L(smaller than bikes I usually buy, but it looked amazing. 6000 original miles and the seller was the original owner, purchasing it new in 85. It was show room shape, and when he told me he was asking 900 OBO I was surprised. Long story short, after much talking and him realizing I was a true bike guy, he delivered the bike to my house with 500 bucks spent on it. This one is a keeper... the one to just make fun short trips on and to show it off a bike. pics soon to follow.

On of the many advantages of the smaller GSes, they tend to be a lot cheaper than the behemoths.

Life is too short to ride an L.

Comment

Exciting story! I guess those "L" model shafties are behemoths as Mr. Kent states. I have a 750T that I've managed to drop some weight from switching to V&H/4-1 exhaust (original pipes are heavy!)

Looking forward to pics.

Ed

EDIT: Welcome back to the GSR.
      Last edited by GSXR7ED; 05-18-2016, 12:24 PM.
      GS750TZ V&H/4-1, Progressive Shocks, Rebuilt MC/braided line, Tarozzi Stabilizer[Seq#2312]
      GS750TZ Parts Bike [Seq#6036]
      GSX-R750Y (Sold)

my opinion shouldn't be taken as gospel or in any way that would lead you to believe otherwise (30Sep2021)
      Originally posted by GSXR7ED
      Forums are pretty much unrecognizable conversations; simply because it's a smorgasbord of feedback...from people we don't know. It's not too difficult to ignore the things that need to be bypassed.

Comment

Originally posted by SWOhioGSguy View Post
        Hey all. Joined last fall after the purchase of an 850L. I didn't stay long as I quickly traded the bike for a very nice, but a bit older, Mustang. Wasn't looking for it to happen, it just dit. Anyway, I was driving the other day and noticed a very nice looking L model sitting for sale. I realized quickly it was a 550L(smaller than bikes I usually buy, but it looked amazing. 6000 original miles and the seller was the original owner, purchasing it new in 85. It was show room shape, and when he told me he was asking 900 OBO I was surprised. Long story short, after much talking and him realizing I was a true bike guy, he delivered the bike to my house with 500 bucks spent on it. This one is a keeper... the one to just make fun short trips on and to show it off a bike. pics soon to follow.
        Deal !!

Yes, pictures please.

Welcome back to GSR.

Hey. SW Ohio may not be too far from south central Indiana (Bedford).
        Look in meeting place for the Brown County rally.

You say you got it for short trips and for showing off.
        Well, if you are, say, 100 miles from Bedford, yah, that might be kinda far to ride a stock L.
        But if you want to show it off, well, that will be a place and time where there will be 20 or more folks there that will appreciate seeing it.

Last edited by Redman; 05-18-2016, 12:25 PM.

Had 850G for 14 years. Now have GK since 2005.
        GK at IndyMotoGP Suzuki Display... ... GK on GSResources Page ... ... Euro Trash Ego Machine .. ..3 mo'cykls.... update 2 mocykl

Comment

Originally posted by Redman View Post
          Well, if you are, say, 100 miles from Bedford, yah, that might be kinda far to ride a stock L.
          I wasn't going to say anything.

Life is too short to ride an L.

Comment

Originally posted by Redman View Post
            Originally posted by tkent02 View Post
            I wasn't going to say anything.
            Yeah... That's about 1 tank. Ha!
            Jedz Moto
            1980 Suzuki GS1000G
            1988 Honda GL1500-6
            2018 Triumph Bonneville T120-
            2020 Honda Monkey Z125
            2001 Honda Insight - 65MPG
            Originally posted by Hayabuser
            Cool is defined differently by different people... I'm sure the new rider down the block thinks his Ninja 250 is cool and why shouldn't he? Bikes are just cool.

Comment

20160516_192114.jpg

Here she is.

Comment

Originally posted by SWOhioGSguy View Post
                [ATTACH=CONFIG]45671[/ATTACH]

Here she is.
                Great picture.

Does look to be in great condition.
                Last edited by Redman; 05-23-2016, 09:41 PM.

Had 850G for 14 years. Now have GK since 2005.
                GK at IndyMotoGP Suzuki Display... ... GK on GSResources Page ... ... Euro Trash Ego Machine .. ..3 mo'cykls.... update 2 mocykl

Comment

Working...
                X