no longer a GS owner, but I would like to still stick around

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by eil View Post
    Didn't know you sold your 750E. That's always been one of my favorite rebuilds. Stick around for sure, there's always entertainment to be had on this forum.
    Considering this was my first big boy bike, I really didn't want to, but she was just sitting in the garage, so I figured it was time to let someone else enjoy her, the guy who bought her is using the bike as a daily ride, so at least she gets a good run each day.

Comment

Originally posted by GateKeeper View Post
      Hey Ed....

I think you misunderstood, the GSXR was never mine, it was brought over by a fried to store for him while he worked on another bike, he did however ask if I wanted to buy it at a good price, way below what it was actually worth and way below what he sold it for just a few days ago.

I had the opportunity to buy it, but no funds, after I sold off my other 2 bikes and purchased the new BMW, money was tight, and he found a buyer, guy came by and took it home the same day....

I do wish I could have purchased it, it was in not too bad shape, but did need a good resto, paint was peeling, dent in tank, rims were pitted, but motor was strong, ran well, so the investment would have been worthwhile to a collector or someone who really wanted the bike

Had I sold my 72 Honda in time, I probably would have taken the GSXR, put a cover over her and got too her once I had all the cash and time to spend on her.....full resto would probably be north of 2 grand, but she would have been as good as new.....
      My mistake...in either case, you had her in your possession and assessed her condition. I would pay up to $4K cash for a classic bike as such. I'd have to have a job and convince my wife but it would be do-able as long as I had a job.

Ed
      GS750TZ V&H/4-1, Progressive Shocks, Rebuilt MC/braided line, Tarozzi Stabilizer[Seq#2312]
      GS750TZ Parts Bike [Seq#6036]
      GSX-R750Y (Sold)

my opinion shouldn't be taken as gospel or in any way that would lead you to believe otherwise (30Sep2021)
      Originally posted by GSXR7ED
      Forums are pretty much unrecognizable conversations; simply because it's a smorgasbord of feedback...from people we don't know. It's not too difficult to ignore the things that need to be bypassed.

Comment

GK you've been a good guy and a valuable member - glad you'll continue to hang around.
        -Mal

"The only reason for time is so that everything doesn't happen at once." - B. Banzai

78 GS750E

Comment

Originally posted by GSXR7ED View Post
          My mistake...in either case, you had her in your possession and assessed her condition. I would pay up to $4K cash for a classic bike as such. I'd have to have a job and convince my wife but it would be do-able as long as I had a job.

Ed
          no worries, and the bike was sold for 2700.00 not bad, could have gone for more, but the seller needed the cash so he could buy a car...

Originally posted by allojohn View Post
          GK you've been a good guy and a valuable member - glad you'll continue to hang around.
          Thanks....

Cheers

Comment

I'm in the same boat as you GK. I plan to stick here cause this is one of my favorite forums and no one will shame you for not having a gs or any other suzuki, however i do plan on getting another gs in the next 2-3 years after i move to spokane next year

Comment

Working...
            X