Yet another bike I don't need....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Yet another bike I don't need....

This just got dropped in my lap(almost literally). All I know of it at this point is that it's a 35+ year old barn find. Has seen very little road time, only has 3003mi on the clock. No idea of year.... yet. Stay tuned.

Thats cool.
    sigpic
    When consulting the magic 8 ball for advice, one must first ask it "will your answers be accurate?"

Glen
    -85 1150 es - Plus size supermodel.
    -Rusty old scooter.
    Other things I like to photograph.....instagram.com/gs_junkie
    https://www.instagram.com/glen_brenner/
    https://www.flickr.com/photos/152267...7713345317771/

Comment

I always wanted a GT380 or GT550, mostly because of the cool air scoops over the cooling fins. Don't think I ever even rode either one. Nice score.

Life is too short to ride an L.

Comment

Not 100% sure but believe it to be a 73' first year of disc brake and last year of individual carbs, meaning not on a rack. I had a 74 and the carbs were different than yours
        1984 GS1100GK newest addition to the heard
        80 GS 1000gt- most favorite ride love this bike
        1978 GS1000E- Known as "RoadKill" , Finished
        83 gs750ed- first new purchase
        85 EX500- vintage track weapon
        1958Ducati 98 Tourismo
        “Remember When in doubt use full throttle, It may not improve the situation ,but it will end the suspense ,
        If it isn't going to make it faster or safer it isn't worth doing

Comment

Its a 1974 if the tank decal is correct.

You can determine the model year from the VIN.
          You may find the Suzuki 2 stroke forum useful: http://www.suzuki2strokes.com

Comment

Thanks all for the info and kind words. Who knows when I'll get to this one!?! I have a 650G, 650L chop, & a 425E that all need attention yet. It has no paper or keys, missing both airbox side covers, has a busted up oil tank, and the engine is locked up. Gonna be a project LOL.

Comment

Nice bike. I kind'a remembered those were two cycle jobs and the specs posted by jacbc bore that out Thanks. Have fun.

Comment

Originally posted by tkent02 View Post
                I always wanted a GT380 or GT550, mostly because of the cool air scoops over the cooling fins.
                Yeah, I thought they were cool as well. "Ram Air" Like a Pontiac! I just really didn't like 2 stroke street bikes. Passed on several Kawasakis because of that.

1982 GS1100 G converted by Motorcyclist magazine in 1986 to be a tribute to the Wes Cooley replica. 1982 Honda 900F. 1997 Yamaha VMax.
                Also owned: 1973 Kawasaki Z1 900, 1972 Honda 750 K, 1976 Yamaha XS 650, 1980 Kawasaki KZ 1000 MKII, 1978 Kawasaki SR 650. Current cage is a 2001 Mustang Bullitt in Dark Highland Green. Bought new in Sept. 2001.

Comment

I love them, especially now when most people don't have the slightest idea what they are.
                  Unfortunately they are getting hard to find around here.

Life is too short to ride an L.

Comment

Cool little bike!

Comment

I always wanted a GT380 or GT550, mostly because of the cool air scoops over the cooling fins. Don't think I ever even rode either one. Nice score.
                      I dig the "ram air" scoop also. I'm on the fence on which GT engine I like better. Those or the 750.
                      A neat little GT 25o pops on CL about every year here - no one seems to want it......
                      sigpic
                      When consulting the magic 8 ball for advice, one must first ask it "will your answers be accurate?"

Glen
                      -85 1150 es - Plus size supermodel.
                      -Rusty old scooter.
                      Other things I like to photograph.....instagram.com/gs_junkie
                      https://www.instagram.com/glen_brenner/
                      https://www.flickr.com/photos/152267...7713345317771/

Comment

It will be worth it. Super cool. Pretty wide powerband for an oil burner.

Comment

I'll be honest, I love 2-strokes. Reminiscent of my microsprint days. Oh! It was manufactured 4/74, it's precisely 3 yrs older than me.
                          Last edited by Guest; 08-17-2016, 08:21 AM.

Comment

I put thousands of miles on a GT380. A friend had a 185, and we rode them all over the Southeast on weekends.

Comment

Working...
                            X