X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Greetings from Seattle! gs750

Hello everyone!

Greeting from Seattle!!

A little about myself, I have been riding for about 2 years now. Started with a 2006 Suzuki Boulevard m50 in Colorado and this year moved to Washington, sold the m50 and purchased a 2015 Yamaha Bolt. Love it so much. Did everything I wanted to it and right now it is perfect!

Recently I acquired a 1981 Suzuki gs750. It hasn't run in two years and overall in ok shape. All the liquids were drained when it stop running. The previous owner had an interesting riding style of no front brake, no rear view mirrors, no turn signals or break light and no speedometer + tachometer. All things I would like to bring back haha. There is some rust on the bolts and inside the gas tank. Everything is there just will take some time replacing and or cleaning. It will also need new rims + wheels as the front rubber is warped and the rear has no tread, If I can reuse the rims then I will. All the fuses are there but I am a little worried about the electrical and wiring as I really have no idea on that subject. I have purchased the Owners Manual so before I do anything I will be reading over that. I was thinking to start with a new battery and get electrical going first before cleaning the carbs + replacing what's needed, cleaning engine + tank. I want to try and get the engine up and running before adding all the things its missing. This will be my first rebuild and looking to take some time and do this right! I will be coming back here for advice + help!! And thus far I am very appreciative that this site exists! Any advice and recommendations would be very helpful!

Cheers!

20160831_074714.jpg

Why bother connecting the hoses...everybody knows you don't need no stinkin' brakes. Wow!

Colour wiring diagram, carb cleaning and tons of other stuff for your bike available here.

Welcome to the site.
    2@ \'78 GS1000

Comment

Looks like you're going to need some parts, pretty sure you'll be able to find most things on the site. Welcome aboard, will be great to see the neglected ol' thing back to tip top shape.
      Rob
      1983 1100ES, 98' ST1100, 02' DR-Z400E and a few other 'bits and pieces'
      Are you on the GSR Google Earth Map yet? http://www.thegsresources.com/_forum...d.php?t=170533

Comment

Other than lack of tail light, .... oh wait, is there a tail light on one of those brackets to mount plate (sideways) and tail light on side of the back....?

Anyway, other than lack of a tail light, that would appear to be an almost complete project for those folks that like that ... and willing to pay extra for.

I suspect the front brake cyclinder is missing becuase those short lower clip on bars are too short. .... and PO didnt want front brakes
        .... again almost complete, for what some folks want.

Seems to me that that bike is worth more to folks that like that sort of thing, than it is to you.
        Apparently you want a bike you can ride (judging from your comment about "replace parts that are missing".).

Not understanding your comment about new rims.

Last edited by Redman; 09-01-2016, 12:34 PM.

Had 850G for 14 years. Now have GK since 2005.
        GK at IndyMotoGP Suzuki Display... ... GK on GSResources Page ... ... Euro Trash Ego Machine .. ..3 mo'cykls.... update 2 mocykl

Comment

Thanks everyone for the welcome notes! @Steve, haha I would like brakes hahah + will be coming back to this site for everything as I check off the list. @Redman the wires are there for the rear break light + turn signals but no actual lights. I do like the café style and am going to keep that aspect but its just to "naked and raw" for my comfortability. The previous owner said he hasn't ridden with a speedo in years... not my style haha You are right, there is no front brake cylinder, nothing on the right side cept the grips. I'm a little worried that the front rim is bent slightly. I could be wrong and it may just be the tire is warped from not moving for two years. That was my comment on the rims. If they are straight then Ill be keeping them.

Comment

Back view

20160831_074724.jpg

here is the back view

Comment

front

20160831_074742.jpg

front view (don't now how to rotate, sorry)

Comment

Working...
              X