1977 GS750 Owner

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

1977 GS750 Owner

I received a 1977 Suzuki GS750 for free a few years ago. It had been sitting in his garage for about 10 - 12 years and I enjoy the older bikes.

I am looking to do a full rebuild on it. When I got it there was a ton of work that needed to be done. Still is LOL. I work on it as I can and as I can find parts for it that don't break the bank.

I am looking for all resources that can help me getting this rebuilt and running on the road. Any suggestions or information would be greatly appreciated as this is my first GS.

I am a novice at mechanicals but am pretty handy and a fast learner. I have no current resources for information or even a shop manual. SO come on folks help a newbie out lol.

Feel free to hit me with questions or comments.

Tal,

Welcome to GSR.

Here is a good start
    http://members.dslextreme.com/users/bikecliff

FOr a manaul, you can see if is one on the basscliff site.
    Or search ebay for a Clymers or a Suzuki Factory manual, or both.

Any specific questions, post in the appropriate technical section.
    Although nobody can help you much until you post a pic of the bike here in this introduction.
    Yah, we need to know if it is the red or the black one.... har har har

I am not sure where Muncie is.
    Are a few GSR members in Indy area and a couple in NW Indiana and some others elsewhere, that I know of, and probably more also.

Last edited by Redman; 09-14-2016, 11:42 PM.

Had 850G for 14 years. Now have GK since 2005.
    GK at IndyMotoGP Suzuki Display... ... GK on GSResources Page ... ... Euro Trash Ego Machine .. ..3 mo'cykls.... update 2 mocykl

Comment

Select the early 8 valve service manual for the 750.
      MY BIKES..1977 GS 750 B, 1978 GS 1000 C (X2)
      1978 GS 1000 E, 1979 GS 1000 S, 1973 Yamaha TX 750, 1977 Kawasaki KZ 650B1, 1975 Honda GL1000 Goldwing, 1983 CB 650SC Nighthawk, 1972 Honda CB 350K4, 74 Honda CB550

NEVER SNEAK UP ON A SLEEPING DOG..NOT EVEN YOUR OWN.

I would rather trust my bike to a "QUACK" that KNOWS how to fix it rather than a book worm that THINKS HE KNOWS how to fix it.

Comment

Welcome Talathian! I've been where you're at! The joy of building and seeing it complete is only matched by the joy of riding!

Comment

Working...
        X