Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

To turn the status from lurker to newbie

Hello at all,
    my name is tammo. home´s location is northern germany near bremen.
    I'am the owner of a gsx750ex with a katana 750s engine (R701...), three
    cx500 from honda and a motoguzzi sp1000 from also the 80's. Last one is
    waiting for an update after sleeping for more than a decade of years in an
    old garage. Sometime before I had a 1990 suzi gs500 . I sold when i got the wreck
    of the gsx to have some place more to rebuild.
    Ok, that's today.
    I'am "heavy" retired by recalling my old 40 year old english memories.
    Sorry for the rusty english of mine
    Attached Files
    Last edited by Guest; 11-28-2016, 03:03 PM.

Welcome Tammo to GS Resource. Beautiful looking motorcycle, I love the European colors and body styles. Be sure to take pictures of your motorcycle and countryside while out riding. 👍
    My Motorcycles:
    22 Kawasaki Z900 RS (Candy Tone Blue)
    22 BMW K1600GT (Probably been to a town near you)
    82 1100e Drag Bike (needs race engine)
    81 1100e Street Bike (with race engine)
    79 1000e (all original)
    82 850g (all original)
    80 KZ 650F (needs restored)

Comment

Welcome tammo! What a sweet looking bike! Lurking is like standing in the doorway so it's great you decided to walk through, so to speak.
      Is that pic of the bike that slept for ten years? It looks fantastic, like it was in a vacuum sealed chamber.

Yes, please do take photos of the area and bike to share. I personally have fond memories of Southern Germany. As a young child, in the late 70's we lived near Frankfurt and visited places like Munich and Heidelberg.

There is a google earth map that many other GSR members are on if you'd like to see how many are near you.

UPDATE: Because Google has changed the conditions for using their Google Maps I have disabled the maps from The GSResources homepage. I am currently looking at alternative mapping libraries in order to restore this feature back to the website. Frank Hey everyone I’m starting up a Google Earth map for all the GSR people
      Roger

Current rides
      1983 GS 850G
      2003 FJR 1300A
      Gone but not forgotten 1985 Rebel 250, 1991 XT225, 2004 KLR650, 1981 GS850G, 1982 GS1100GL, 2002 DL1000, 2005 KLR650, 2003 KLX400

Comment

Hey,
        Thank you for friendly welcome to . I will try to shoot some photo's while riding to show you the
        Country i am living in.of course only when having stop-times.
        Yes the gsx also stood some years inside an old barn. Rust and broken and electrical damages all about.
        I had built about more than a year .dislayed (?)to each screw. And then restored piece by piece.
        When i will have found pics -i knew i have- i insert right here.
        Tammo
        Last edited by Guest; 10-23-2016, 11:45 AM.

Comment

Welcome!
          Agreed on the gorgeous machine. Like Storm said, I dig the euro paint schemes, and the big gas tank.
          Looking forward to more pics.
          sigpic
          When consulting the magic 8 ball for advice, one must first ask it "will your answers be accurate?"

Glen
          -85 1150 es - Plus size supermodel.
          -Rusty old scooter.
          Other things I like to photograph.....instagram.com/gs_junkie
          https://www.instagram.com/glen_brenner/
          https://www.flickr.com/photos/152267...7713345317771/

Comment

GERMANY....Ah, what a great place!

Welcome Tammo,

Already I like your intro/pic/background so a Big Welcome to you!

It's almost like deja vu...I've seen a bike similar to yours posted here before. Maybe it's the brick driveway and the bushes in the background that stimulate my mind. Your English is fine and I like deciphering your explanations...I couldn't write in German let alone speak it so my hats off to you for learning to write in English.

Moar pics please! (I spelled "more" incorrectly but it's pronounced the same way) You know how the English language is with several words sounding the same but spelled differently. Enjoy your way around the GSR and if you wanna join the "Looney Farm", ask for permission to enter the Off Topic area known as the "Vortex". It could corrupt your mind but don't say I didn't warn you!

Ed
            GS750TZ V&H/4-1, Progressive Shocks, Rebuilt MC/braided line, Tarozzi Stabilizer[Seq#2312]
            GS750TZ Parts Bike [Seq#6036]
            GSX-R750Y (Sold)

my opinion shouldn't be taken as gospel or in any way that would lead you to believe otherwise (30Sep2021)
            Originally posted by GSXR7ED
            Forums are pretty much unrecognizable conversations; simply because it's a smorgasbord of feedback...from people we don't know. It's not too difficult to ignore the things that need to be bypassed.

Comment

Hey again,
              thank you all for responding to my first post on this website. next time i load up some
              pics from my machines. in german we used to say in "beloved slang" : mopped.
              Ok i will following the wishes for more pics.
              And btw : ed you`re rightly in "It's almost like deja vu...I've seen a bike similar to yours posted here before".
              i think so two years ago (?) an englishman nigel l. built up a gsx1100et but 17 inches wheels and other
              changed components. indeed he had the same colour - combination and pics were shown here in this forum (?)
              I found the story of work in a german gazette .there i saw this lovely orange - black pairing.
              i was damned to get this paintwork.
              Ok ,trying now some pics and i have to work again.
              greets
              Tammo

After cleanup - orgy 1

After cleanup - orgy 2

Attached Files
              Last edited by Guest; 11-29-2016, 06:46 AM.

Comment

The pic before was the original status. the picture can`t show the ugly hits at "her" surface.

Engine after shot peening , soft and virgin-like
                Attached Files
                Last edited by Guest; 11-29-2016, 06:37 AM.

Comment

wedding day
                  Attached Files
                  Last edited by Guest; 11-29-2016, 06:36 AM.

Comment

Ist da n'bissel Rost auf'm Krümmer?

Or is it just the garage lighting?

Edit: was referring to picture before disassembly, cross posts happened.

Also welcome and sweet looking bike.
                    #1: 1979 GS 550 EC "Red" – Very first Bike / Overhaul thread        New here? ☛ Read the Top 10 Newbie mistakes thread
                    #2: 1978 GS 550 EC "Blue" – Can't make it a donor / "Rebuild" thread     Manuals (and much more): See Cliff's homepage here
                    #3: 2014 Moto Guzzi V7 II Racer – One needs a runner while wrenching
                    #4: 1980 Moto Guzzi V65C – Something to chill

Comment

at the catwalk
                      Attached Files
                      Last edited by Guest; 11-28-2016, 03:22 PM.

Comment

ok, the final result i send at first yesterday.
                        ja roeme , da ist etwas (mehr ) rost auf der ganzen maschine. das war das
                        vorher. das nachher sträubt sich leider etwas, den upload zu machen
                        I will try to send the final pic sometimes again .in the moment it`s braking
                        Attached Files

Comment

Try using imgur instead of uploading directly to this forum, it works quite well for me. Others use photobucket, but in my opinion it's not as good outside NA.

Both will automatically generate the correct BBCode to embed the pictures in your posts.

Paint looks very nice, did you re-paint it?
                          #1: 1979 GS 550 EC "Red" – Very first Bike / Overhaul thread        New here? ☛ Read the Top 10 Newbie mistakes thread
                          #2: 1978 GS 550 EC "Blue" – Can't make it a donor / "Rebuild" thread     Manuals (and much more): See Cliff's homepage here

Comment

Oh, and did you peen the engine by yourself? I'm at the research stage to do it by myself at some point.

Comment

Originally posted by cxmix View Post
                              ok, the final result i send at first yesterday.
                              ja roeme , da ist etwas (mehr ) rost auf der ganzen maschine. das war das
                              vorher. das nachher sträubt sich leider etwas, den upload zu machen
                              I will try to send the final pic sometimes again .in the moment it`s braking
                              No signature

Comment

Working...
                              X