Collapse
No announcement yet.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Just joined this forum, here is a picture of my ride.
    I remember the first time I laid eyes on a GS1000s and thinking how I could never afford to own one.
    Just over 30 years ago my dream came true.
    This is a bike that will never leave my collection

Cheers
    Kenny-boy
    Attached Files

Originally posted by Kenny-boy View Post
    Just joined this forum, here is a picture of my ride.
    I remember the first time I laid eyes on a GS1000s and thinking how I could never afford to own one.
    Just over 30 years ago my dream came true.
    This is a bike that will never leave my collection

Cheers
    Kenny-boy
    Hey Kenny, your Cooley looks awesome!
    welcome to the forum.
    No signature

Comment

Welcome Kenny-boy!

Sweet ride...Trevor didn't mention he has a Cooley but I will. Yours as well as Mr Trevor's Cooley(s) are Beautiful motorcycles. Congrats and it wouldn't hurt to share moar pics!

Ed
      GS750TZ V&H/4-1, Progressive Shocks, Rebuilt MC/braided line, Tarozzi Stabilizer[Seq#2312]
      GS750TZ Parts Bike [Seq#6036]
      GSX-R750Y (Sold)

my opinion shouldn't be taken as gospel or in any way that would lead you to believe otherwise (30Sep2021)
      Originally posted by GSXR7ED
      Forums are pretty much unrecognizable conversations; simply because it's a smorgasbord of feedback...from people we don't know. It's not too difficult to ignore the things that need to be bypassed.

Comment

Welcome Kenny. Sewwt looking S. Looks like its been in kind ownership for 30 years.
        sigpic
        When consulting the magic 8 ball for advice, one must first ask it "will your answers be accurate?"

Glen
        -85 1150 es - Plus size supermodel.
        -Rusty old scooter.
        Other things I like to photograph.....instagram.com/gs_junkie
        https://www.instagram.com/glen_brenner/
        https://www.flickr.com/photos/152267...7713345317771/

Comment

Kenny,

Welcome to GSR.
          THanks for posting, and the picture.
          Nice bike there.

But you cant just say "collection" without explaining more. har har har

Being that you are in New Zeeland, I suspect you can also post great scenic photos of the bike (to bother us folks stuck in ice-snow-no-riding winter).

Had 850G for 14 years. Now have GK since 2005.
          GK at IndyMotoGP Suzuki Display... ... GK on GSResources Page ... ... Euro Trash Ego Machine .. ..3 mo'cykls.... update 2 mocykl

Comment

Welcome to the funhouse, Ken.
            "Thought he, it is a wicked world in all meridians; I'll die a pagan."
            ~Herman Melville

2016 1200 Superlow
            1982 CB900f

Comment

Don't scare him away Pilot!

Ed
              GS750TZ V&H/4-1, Progressive Shocks, Rebuilt MC/braided line, Tarozzi Stabilizer[Seq#2312]
              GS750TZ Parts Bike [Seq#6036]
              GSX-R750Y (Sold)

my opinion shouldn't be taken as gospel or in any way that would lead you to believe otherwise (30Sep2021)
              Originally posted by GSXR7ED
              Forums are pretty much unrecognizable conversations; simply because it's a smorgasbord of feedback...from people we don't know. It's not too difficult to ignore the things that need to be bypassed.

Comment

The collection, ok here goes.
                A ZX14r 2013 model - bought as a two up bike because the ZX10r (which I still have) would wheelie too much with my Girlfriend on the back. These two alternate with storage/parking arrangements, one is kept at my girls place - she's a very understanding woman and I'm all out of Garage space.
                A 1996 CR500Rt, owned from new - also one which will never be for sale.
                A CRF450r 2007 model - cos the CR500 is such a handful nowadays.
                2x TT500's 1980 G models, because I lusted after those when I was a teenager just as much as the GS.
                A 1976 KT250 Kawasaki trials bike which I bought to "have a go" at vintage trials. Haven't had a go at vintage trials yet - still have the bike though.

I picked up a 1984 Husqvarna WR500 frame some years ago which I hope to shoehorn one of the TT500 engines into, unfortunately it's not a rolling chassis, this was a very late night Trademe (NZ equivalent to E-bay) decision after one too many bottles of beer. And finally a PE400t 1980 rolling chassis which at one point had a TT500 engine shoehorned into it. I'm hoping to make some kind of Frankenstein project out of that lot someday.

Mate, there is a lot of fantastic riding here in New Zealand - I'll try and find some pics to post.

Hang in there, only another few months until Michigan thaws out then we in NZ will be moaning about the cold

Comment

Kenny,

Welcome to GSR.
                  Nice bike there.

Being that you are in New Zeeland, I suspect you can also post great scenic photos of the bike (to bother us folks stuck in ice-snow-no-riding winter).
                  Kenny,

Welcome to GSR.
                  Nice bike there.

Comment

Working...
                  X