new here from Phoenix,AZ

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

new here from Phoenix,AZ

Hi all, subscribed today and had a chance to browse thru some of the info available. a-w-e-s-o-m-e! I have recently bought a 1980 GS 850 GL with 30k miles ALL original even the paint. Bought it not running since carbs were separate (they had been re kitted) waiting to be installed. Engine is running now and very smooth. Originally Ohio bike shows some surface rust, and needing all systems gone through since it was garaged since 2001,so it will take some time before I can start enjoying it. I am now retired from manufacturing industry have started a small business that keeps me busy all year round. On the side , enjoy working on my bikes, restoring and minimally modifying. I try to do all work myself including paint, and definitely excluding upholstery and replacing tires!
    Thanks for all the great info made available on this forum.

Welcome and good luck with the cycle.
    sigpic
    When consulting the magic 8 ball for advice, one must first ask it "will your answers be accurate?"

Glen
    -85 1150 es - Plus size supermodel.
    -Rusty old scooter.
    Other things I like to photograph.....instagram.com/gs_junkie
    https://www.instagram.com/glen_brenner/
    https://www.flickr.com/photos/152267...7713345317771/

Comment

Hey Bearr045.

This forum is like a school in a way but there's no lock on the teacher's lounge. Students mingle with the teachers and the learning experience is incredible. Oh, and the library never closes!
      Roger

Current rides
      1983 GS 850G
      2003 FJR 1300A
      Gone but not forgotten 1985 Rebel 250, 1991 XT225, 2004 KLR650, 1981 GS850G, 1982 GS1100GL, 2002 DL1000, 2005 KLR650, 2003 KLX400

Comment

Welcome from Mesa! Little uncomfortable riding if you don't head out early right now but It was somewhat dark this morning at about 6am so the cooler weather is around the corner. Think I may brave the apache trail ride this weekend .. maybe.
        Alex

Comment

Welcome to the forum. What else are you riding?

If I lived down there, I don't think I could help but get a couple of nice dual sports and/or trail bikes.

I am envious of the space you have to be able to paint. I'm sure I'm not alone in wanting to see some of the work you've done.
          '83 GS650G
          '83 GS550es (didn't like the colours in the 80's, but they've grown on me)

Comment

Welcome from STV/Queen Creek! very cool on the bike! FYI - the road up the Apache Trail is getting worse. nice and bumpy now. I guess they are talking about re-vamping it starting in November according to one of the shop guys at Tortilla Flats.

Comment

Originally posted by Nschultz View Post
              Welcome from STV/Queen Creek! very cool on the bike! FYI - the road up the Apache Trail is getting worse. nice and bumpy now. I guess they are talking about re-vamping it starting in November according to one of the shop guys at Tortilla Flats.
              I went up that way last weekend. It was Awful. I haven't been that way in about 5-6 years but I stopped at canyon lake and decided me the wife and the bike had had enough. It was like ripples in the asphalt and it was 2nd gear most of the way. I am going to wait until I rework my front end and give it another go because I actually really enjoy the hard pack between tortilla flats and Roosevelt damn.

Comment

Working...
              X