New GS750 owner here

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

New GS750 owner here

Hi, just purchased my first GS today. Its a 1982 GS750T.

IMG_20170802_174743.jpg

I've owned 2 GT's before, a 550 and 380, but this is my first go-round with a GS. The bike was in great shape when I bought it. The bike was owned by two brothers over the last 20 years. First one bought the bike rode it about 10 years, then sold it to his brother who let the bike sit inside under a tarp for 10 years before selling it back to the other brother, who then got it back roadworthy with new tires, brakes, new fork seals, and carbs rebuilt. Paint on the tank and side covers is almost immaculate, seat is in near perfect condition. I've put about 200 miles on it the past 3 days. So far only issues that I've noticed is the clutch cable is a bit frayed near where it connects to the engine, so I've got a new one ordered, and the drive chain is making a bit more noise than I feel it should, probably needs to be replaced. Also has a slight clunking sound at idle which I think may be the clutch hub nut after reading through the forums a bit.

Anyways, this seems like an awesome community, just wanted to introduce myself and my bike.

Welcome to the site, Matt.
    Excellent intro.
    If you replace the chain there is a good chance the sprockets will need replacing as well.
    I am a fan of Z1 for those parts. https://www.z1enterprises.com/
    2@ \'78 GS1000

Comment

Working...
    X