New 1979 GS750L in Washington, DC

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

New 1979 GS750L in Washington, DC

Just picked up this guy today for $650! I previously had a 1981 BMW R65 as my first bike last year and it was a nightmare. Hoping this turns out better. My goal for this bike is to slowly and tastefully mod it into something beautiful.

Hi ir0nma1den! Well! That's a D E A L! The cobra backrest....outstanding bit of bike kitsch! Might be worth $650 itself! Bonus!

I've a pal with the BMW R650 and he too went through conniptions. (The hall-effect sensor,ignition generally etc...). I think Suzukis' charging weakenesses are less a bane. Maybe because they are well supported on this forum . ...
    Anyways, welcome! and be sure to go here and get a manual and read all the stuff too
    BikeCliff's Website

Comment

That backrest is badass
      1980/1981 GS450 - GS500 Cylinder + Piston Swap - "De-L'ed", custom seat, CB350 bits, 18" rear, etc.
      1977 GS550
      1977 GS750 - Cross country trip thread

Comment

That infamous "L" seat!

I have one on my 750 but it's a "T". You've got a kick start on your bike so that tells me it's a 78-79 "L" model.

Agreed...that backrest is badass. Those bars are long and tall but otherwise a nice bike for an operational GS.

Welcome to the site!

Ed
        GS750TZ V&H/4-1, Progressive Shocks, Rebuilt MC/braided line, Tarozzi Stabilizer[Seq#2312]
        GS750TZ Parts Bike [Seq#6036]
        GSX-R750Y (Sold)

my opinion shouldn't be taken as gospel or in any way that would lead you to believe otherwise (30Sep2021)
        Originally posted by GSXR7ED
        Forums are pretty much unrecognizable conversations; simply because it's a smorgasbord of feedback...from people we don't know. It's not too difficult to ignore the things that need to be bypassed.

Comment

Working...
        X