Newbie G450L Owner in NC

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Newbie G450L Owner in NC

Hi Guys - live in Durham, NC and I haven't had a bike in a long time. I have recently been looking for a smaller UJM for riding around town, Sunday morning meetups, as well as having something I can wrench on. Fortunately, my neighbor has to move and in cleaning out his excess stuff he found the GS450L that he had winterized back in 2005 then moved from Ohio to NC and left it under a cover in his shed until now. His wife wanted the bike gone yesterday, so I was able to pick this beauty up for the price of $50 and me pulling it out of the depths of his shed and loading it into my truck. It's got a clean title, but no key. Hopefully the local locksmith will be able to do something with the helmet lock that I pulled off the bike. I need to get it running and some new bars - the ones on there are bent and the throttle assembly/cable needs some attention. I'm looking forward to frequenting this awesome resource yall have going here! I gave it a quick bath as soon as I unloaded from the truck
    Attached Files

Congrats, man. Heck of a deal!
    I'll copy and paste so we can better see your shed find.

Roger

Current rides
    1983 GS 850G
    2003 FJR 1300A
    Gone but not forgotten 1985 Rebel 250, 1991 XT225, 2004 KLR650, 1981 GS850G, 1982 GS1100GL, 2002 DL1000, 2005 KLR650, 2003 KLX400

Comment

Hi tarheel! Nice-oh! and for $50 ! It pays to stay friendly with your neighbours!
      If you haven't already, go here and read up. And there's Lots of 450s in this forum so you'll find all kinds of info digging around.
      BikeCliff's Website

Comment

Thanks for the link, I've been spending a lot of time sifting through all the info on here. Just pulled the gas tank off to clean it and tore the carbs down yesterday. Going to check out the valve adjustment next.

Comment

Carbs are all gunked up, got them in berryman's for a couple days

carb2.jpg
          Last edited by Guest; 10-22-2017, 09:36 PM.

Comment

Lookin good, welcome!
            "I have come to believe that all life is precious." -- Eastman, TWD6.4

1999 Triumph Legend 900 TT

Comment

Working...
            X