No announcement yet.

New guy from southern Ohio

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Love the colors. You must be a Buckeye fan. Would also look nice with a black or white pinstripe between the two colors.
    Current Bikes:
    2001 Yamaha FZ1 (bought same one back)

Comment

I was considering a pinstripe, but haven't made up my mind as to yes or no or even the color. Not really interested in the Buckeyes or any particular teams. I was kicking around different colors and of course blue was the number one choice. My painter buddy just bought a Chevy Colorado pickup and it is charcoal gray metallic with some red highlights. I liked it and told him to try it on the 850 parts. He did and I liked it.

Comment

Settled on a gold double stripe

IMG_20180117_151942704.jpg

Comment

Looking good.

sigpic
          mine: 2000 Honda GoldWing GL1500SE and 1980 GS850G'K' "Junior"
          hers: 1982 GS850GL - "Angel" and 1969 Suzuki T250 Scrambler
          #1 son: 1986 Yamaha Venture Royale 1300 and 1982 GS650GL "Rat Bagger"
          #2 son: 1980 GS1000G
          Family Portrait
          Siblings and Spouses
          Mom's first ride
          Want a copy of my valve adjust spreadsheet for your 2-valve per cylinder engine? Send me an e-mail request (not a PM)
          (Click on my username in the upper-left corner for e-mail info.)

Comment

Welcome!!!

Wow great job on that paint job!!!

Hope to see you at one of our GSR rallies!

Best,

-Jedz
            Jedz Moto
            1980 Suzuki GS1000G
            1988 Honda GL1500-6
            2018 Triumph Bonneville T120-
            2020 Honda Monkey Z125
            2001 Honda Insight - 65MPG
            Originally posted by Hayabuser
            Cool is defined differently by different people... I'm sure the new rider down the block thinks his Ninja 250 is cool and why shouldn't he? Bikes are just cool.

Comment

Originally posted by NavyDad View Post
              Settled on a gold double stripe

[ATTACH=CONFIG]53768[/ATTACH]

A little vintage British vibe going on with your paint scheme.
              Nice work!

2@ \'78 GS1000

Comment

FINALLY some decent weather so I can give the "bones" of the 850 a good cleaning and inspection. I have all of the smaller assemblies cleaned, rebuilt, and ready for assembly just been waiting for some warmer temps so I could get outside. The engine will be metallic black like the fork lowers. At this point in my life I am no longer interested in chrome and shiny metals. Washing and an occasional wax job along with maintenance is all I want to do anymore. Valve adjustment, cam chain and tensioner inspection, and new clutch springs are on the list. Forks have been done with Sonic springs, carbs are ready with new o-rings, I have new shocks and the goodies for the electrical upgrade on hand. Wiring harness inspected, cleaned and all connectors shiny and tight.

bones1.jpg

Comment

Hey NavyDad. I love the gold pinstriping, it really pops nice!

If you're ever riding south and east of Chillicothe and want to meet another rider, send me a message!
                  "I have come to believe that all life is precious." -- Eastman, TWD6.4

1999 Triumph Legend 900 TT

Comment

I ride WV a lot, great roads to be found there. I just installed the tank badges that were redone in gold and black to go with the gold striping.

tank medallion.jpg

Comment

Originally posted by NavyDad View Post
                      I ride WV a lot, great roads to be found there. I just installed the tank badges that were redone in gold and black to go with the gold striping.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]54780[/ATTACH]
                      I like that have followed the stock pattern somewhat, but yet make it custom.

And the striping, the double gold is stock looking (for 82 anyway) but yet custom. Looks great.
                      THe gold for the emblems is great, is stock for sidepanels but not the tank emblems. And you reveresed it anyway with black lettering and gold background.

Is great.
                      Again, stock ideas, but yet custom.
                      Or another way to say it, most folks might think it is stock/original. Only someone that knew about GSes would think of it as custom.

Had 850G for 14 years. Now have GK since 2005.
                      GK at IndyMotoGP Suzuki Display... ... GK on GSResources Page ... ... Euro Trash Ego Machine .. ..3 mo'cykls.... update 2 mocykl

Comment

This is my third restoration, the other two were Honda's and I put them back 100% stock. Since I plan on keeping the 850 I decided to take a different approach. Going to be very little chrome or shiny metal to care for. I found an old Wixom fairing in very good condition and was going to paint it, but the original white buffed out quite nicely so white it will stay.

fairing2.jpg

Comment

After a winter of tearing apart and refurbishing the assembling has began on the new Suzuki 850 “Dark” model. New Shinko tires, front forks rebuilt with new Sonic springs as well as new Hagon shocks. Carbs have been rebuilt with GEN-U-WINE Suzuki parts and Robert’s o-rings, all new rubber mounts and intake boots are waiting. I have all of the parts needed to upgrade the charging system and braking systems have been rebuilt with goodies from Suzuki and Earl’s. Tossed in new clutch springs just for giggles.

850 dark.jpg

Comment

It's taken me a while to join the discussion...looks great!

Dark Knight Bike! I like it!!!

Ed
                            GS750TZ V&H/4-1, Progressive Shocks, Rebuilt MC/braided line, Tarozzi Stabilizer[Seq#2312]
                            GS750TZ Parts Bike [Seq#6036]
                            GSX-R750Y (Sold)

my opinion shouldn't be taken as gospel or in any way that would lead you to believe otherwise (30Sep2021)
                            Originally posted by GSXR7ED
                            Forums are pretty much unrecognizable conversations; simply because it's a smorgasbord of feedback...from people we don't know. It's not too difficult to ignore the things that need to be bypassed.

Comment

Stock exhausts cleaned up and installed. May be ready for a test firing soon. Bike has been running too lean and darkened the head pipes. No wonder, intake had more leaks than Trump’s White House.

ex1.jpg

Comment

Working...
                              X