Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

New member from back in the day.

Hey guys!

Lots has changed around here huh? I used to frequent this place from 2008-2012, under the handle Exploited.

Is RapidRay still around? He did a couple engines for me, great guy and a hell of a drag bike builder.

Anyways!

I'm out of So Cal, I literally have a shipping container full of GS's from a 450 to an 1150 drag bike. My first bike was a 77 GS750, I took it to RapidRay for a rebuild and found it had Pop Youshimura pistons and a big bore kit, ever since then I've been hooked on these air cooled monsters.

I'll get some pics up this weekend, I have a pretty trick GS650E race bike you guys might be into.

I mostly ride my KTM 990 now and do mini moto racing on the weekends at a plethora of go kart tracks in the Inland Empire.
    Last edited by Guest; 01-12-2018, 01:50 PM.

Welcome back, Aphex.
    Ray still stops by occasionally to holler at someone. haha.
    Looking forward to the pics of your GS stable. Heck, let's see the KTM as well.
    2@ \'78 GS1000

Comment

I'm from El Sereno...shout out from SoCal!

Pics are definitely a must.

Ed
      GS750TZ V&H/4-1, Progressive Shocks, Rebuilt MC/braided line, Tarozzi Stabilizer[Seq#2312]
      GS750TZ Parts Bike [Seq#6036]
      GSX-R750Y (Sold)

my opinion shouldn't be taken as gospel or in any way that would lead you to believe otherwise (30Sep2021)
      Originally posted by GSXR7ED
      Forums are pretty much unrecognizable conversations; simply because it's a smorgasbord of feedback...from people we don't know. It's not too difficult to ignore the things that need to be bypassed.

Comment

Ray is more active in the Facebook GS Owners forum. However, Eric Bangs is there too :-|>
        sigpic
        09 Kaw C14 Rocket powered Barcalounger
        1983 GS1100e
        82\83 1100e Frankenbike
        1980 GS1260
        Previous 65 Suzuki 80 Scrambler, 76 KZ900, 02 GSF1200S, 81 GS1100e, 80 GS850G

Comment

Hopefully we can get a So Cal GS meet up and cruise, maybe ride up ACH and hang out at Newcombs.

I'll have to find that FB group and harass Ray, I do miss getting that old guy riled up.

Here are some pics, I'll wheel the 650 out tonight and get some shots these are just what's on my work computer

When I first purchased the bike, the PO had literally hammered knee indents into the tank

Here it is with a fresh tank, still needed to do something about that seat. Yes the seat is just foam it was like the PO cut the foam off a couch arm rest then covered it in vinyl. The rear fender was made out of the same flimsy material as a school binder.

It started smoking a bit so I pulled engine and brought it to RapidRay, he called me up and asked me to come down and take a look at what he found, these are after being hot tanked. Ray was kind enough to get custom rings made for these as well.

At this point in time I wanted to turn it into a resto-mod Skunk. Here it is with an 1100 swing arm, skunk tank and tail section.

Fabricated a 1:1 replica of a skunk tail section, along with some side panels and dzus fittings.

(If anyone is interested I can post more pictures of the fabrication process) You can see a 450 in the back ground. We made it into a sweet flat tracker, the tail section can be seen on the bench to the left.

Just doing some mock ups with a Bassani exhaust, GSXR forks and wheels.
          (Decided not to cut up that period correct Bassani, I originally wanted to make it a high mount but I might just sell it)

Life got in the way and this is how it sits now, just waiting to be finished. Getting the sprockets to line up was where I stopped.

Comment

Here is my current ride a 2007 Super Duke 990 that I've put 40,000 miles on.

With my girls Duke 390

I've since picked up mini moto racing and it's been the absolute best thing for my riding skills. I ride this XR100 at go kart tracks, then swap the 19" front wheel back on and practice flat track for cross training.

Comment

Hopefully you can get the resto-mod Skunk finished.
              I got to ride a 1290 SuperDuke R a couple times and it was a blast. Can't imagine having my license for long if i owned one.
              2@ \'78 GS1000

Comment

I've yet to get a chance to hop on a 1290, I'm a torque addict so I think it would be hard to peel me off one once I was on it haha.

Here are some pics of that 1981 650E I was teasing you guys about:

Comment

Welcome back. You left shortly before I joined it seems. Loving the thou' resto mod and the 650 looks like a fun ride as well.
                  sigpic
                  When consulting the magic 8 ball for advice, one must first ask it "will your answers be accurate?"

Glen
                  -85 1150 es - Plus size supermodel.
                  -Rusty old scooter.
                  Other things I like to photograph.....instagram.com/gs_junkie
                  https://www.instagram.com/glen_brenner/
                  https://www.flickr.com/photos/152267...7713345317771/

Comment

Working...
                  X