Long time, no see.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Long time, no see.

Hey there everyone, I havent been on here in a year or so......I must have logged on once to avoid my account being terminated......glad its not.
    Ive been doing just fine.
    I didnt ride much in 2017, I got full custody of my son and got pretty crazy with a metal detecting obsession. Boom, next thing you know the year was over.
    I still have the 650E and fancy 850 I took to Brown County....I also have my 1100E which was my first GS.
    I started thinking about finally rebulding some vm smoothbores I got a couple years ago, that led me to get back on here and make sure I was still an active member.
    Hope you all are doing good.
    Adam

Adam ... who??

sigpic
    mine: 2000 Honda GoldWing GL1500SE and 1980 GS850G'K' "Junior"
    hers: 1982 GS850GL - "Angel" and 1969 Suzuki T250 Scrambler
    #1 son: 1986 Yamaha Venture Royale 1300 and 1982 GS650GL "Rat Bagger"
    #2 son: 1980 GS1000G
    Family Portrait
    Siblings and Spouses
    Mom's first ride
    Want a copy of my valve adjust spreadsheet for your 2-valve per cylinder engine? Send me an e-mail request (not a PM)
    (Click on my username in the upper-left corner for e-mail info.)

Comment

Metal detecting?
      Everybody needs a hobby.

2@ \'78 GS1000

Comment

Find anything good??? My dad was into that hobby. Lots of old coins came from under the bigger trees where kids would have played or had a swing many moons ago.
        MY BIKES..1977 GS 750 B, 1978 GS 1000 C (X2)
        1978 GS 1000 E, 1979 GS 1000 S, 1973 Yamaha TX 750, 1977 Kawasaki KZ 650B1, 1975 Honda GL1000 Goldwing, 1983 CB 650SC Nighthawk, 1972 Honda CB 350K4, 74 Honda CB550

NEVER SNEAK UP ON A SLEEPING DOG..NOT EVEN YOUR OWN.

I would rather trust my bike to a "QUACK" that KNOWS how to fix it rather than a book worm that THINKS HE KNOWS how to fix it.

Comment

Heres a true story of my dads metal detector days. There was a shooting a few miles out of town. My dad was the volunteer fire chief and one of then guys was a deputy sheriff. Anyway, theres a knock on the door and there is Bob asking dad if the deputies could use his detector to try and find bullets. Of course dad lent it to them.

Heres the book that Flo wrote about her life and the days following the shooting. Im friend with the son and Flo sure went through hell.

Last edited by chuck hahn; 01-13-2018, 09:21 AM.
          MY BIKES..1977 GS 750 B, 1978 GS 1000 C (X2)
          1978 GS 1000 E, 1979 GS 1000 S, 1973 Yamaha TX 750, 1977 Kawasaki KZ 650B1, 1975 Honda GL1000 Goldwing, 1983 CB 650SC Nighthawk, 1972 Honda CB 350K4, 74 Honda CB550

NEVER SNEAK UP ON A SLEEPING DOG..NOT EVEN YOUR OWN.

I would rather trust my bike to a "QUACK" that KNOWS how to fix it rather than a book worm that THINKS HE KNOWS how to fix it.

Comment

Long time indeed. Good to "see" you.
            sigpic
            When consulting the magic 8 ball for advice, one must first ask it "will your answers be accurate?"

Glen
            -85 1150 es - Plus size supermodel.
            -Rusty old scooter.
            Other things I like to photograph.....instagram.com/gs_junkie
            https://www.instagram.com/glen_brenner/
            https://www.flickr.com/photos/152267...7713345317771/

Comment

Adam,
              Good to hear from you.

When you mentioned "involved in hobby" I was half expecting you to say panning for gold.

I suppose that the metal detectors are something you can do with your son.

Do tell us more of your adventures.... and the VM carbs. Like, ah, what bike of yours would those be for?

Had 850G for 14 years. Now have GK since 2005.
              GK at IndyMotoGP Suzuki Display... ... GK on GSResources Page ... ... Euro Trash Ego Machine .. ..3 mo'cykls.... update 2 mocykl

Comment

Adam, weren’t you in the process of doing a custom build? I seem to recall some cool looking paintwork...
                sigpic
                When consulting the magic 8 ball for advice, one must first ask it "will your answers be accurate?"

Glen
                -Rusty old scooter.

Comment

Yeah buddy, it's good to hear from you. Glad you're hanging in there. Sure had fun times riding to the rallies! Don't be such a stranger, check in more often. We'll have to get together when the weather gets nice.👍
                  My Motorcycles:
                  22 Kawasaki Z900 RS (Candy Tone Blue)
                  22 BMW K1600GT (Probably been to a town near you)
                  82 1100e Drag Bike (needs race engine)
                  81 1100e Street Bike (with race engine)
                  79 1000e (all original)
                  82 850g (all original)
                  80 KZ 650F (needs restored)

Comment

Originally posted by dorkburger View Post
                    Adam, weren’t you in the process of doing a custom build? I seem to recall some cool looking paintwork...
                    This ?

Adam's 850, at Brown County Rally 2016

Attracting some attention from the general population

GK at IndyMotoGP Suzuki Display... ... GK on GSResources Page ... ... Euro Trash Ego Machine .. ..3 mo'cykls.... update 2 mocykl

Comment

That would be it.
                      sigpic

Glen
                      -Rusty old scooter.

Comment

Thanks for posting a picture of Adam's motorcycle Dave. I remember Adam stopping at a garage sale. He bought one of those neck ring pillows. He mounted it on his seat for a little more cushion! Hahaha ☺
                        My Motorcycles:
                        22 Kawasaki Z900 RS (Candy Tone Blue)
                        22 BMW K1600GT (Probably been to a town near you)
                        82 1100e Drag Bike (needs race engine)
                        81 1100e Street Bike (with race engine)
                        79 1000e (all original)
                        82 850g (all original)
                        80 KZ 650F (needs restored)

Comment

Originally posted by storm 64 View Post
                          Thanks for posting a picture of Adam's motorcycle Dave. I remember Adam stopping at a garage sale. He bought one of those neck ring pillows. He mounted it on his seat for a little more cushion! Hahaha ☺
                          Ha ha. Sounds like Adam's resourcefulness.

Maybe that is what you two were talking about here.
                          Last edited by Redman; 01-13-2018, 10:05 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by storm 64 View Post
                            Boy, that seat was hard. That was a neck pillow I bough? I got ripped off.....I thought I was buying a hemmorhoid pillow! haha

Comment

Originally posted by chuck hahn View Post
                              Find anything good??? My dad was into that hobby. Lots of old coins came from under the bigger trees where kids would have played or had a swing many moons ago.
                              I had a good year detecting.....way too much to list here I found some old stuff. Any hobby I get into, I get way obsessed and go full bore until I burn out and need to step away for a while.

Comment

Working...
                              X