Howdy.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Howdy.

I've had my GS550T for a few months now, been plinking away at all the usual problems and cleaning stuff up. About to tackle the pods some PO put on here. I don't have an airbox, but I can at least get better pods on there and adjust my carbs to be ready to deal with all that air. Anyway, I've ridden it every day since I got it (out here in central Texas it's always riding season), and I love it a lot. I do wish it had the 4-gallon tank that most of y'all have, but that's really my only complaint so far.

Anyway. As I've been working I've been digging around the forums a lot and pulling a lot of info so I thought I'd at least say hello.
    1978 GS750E, 1981 GS550T (550/673), 1979 Puch Maxi

Howdy back eh! From Canada! I have two 550T's but with the stock air box, jets etc. both run like tops. Great little bikes! Lots of help available from all the super knowledgeable members!
    GS550T 1981
    GS850G 1983
    GS650G 1982
    GS650G 1982 Under Restoration 😳🏍👍

Comment

Welcome to the site, Jim.
      Great reviews on this site of the A.P.E. pods. I am happy with the K&Ns.
      2@ \'78 GS1000

Comment

Welcome Jim,

Good luck with the pods...maybe you could put a want ad for the original airbox? worth a shot if you ever decide to do it.

Post pics of your "T". Like to the see the set-up of your bike.

Ed
        GS750TZ V&H/4-1, Progressive Shocks, Rebuilt MC/braided line, Tarozzi Stabilizer[Seq#2312]
        GS750TZ Parts Bike [Seq#6036]
        GSX-R750Y (Sold)

my opinion shouldn't be taken as gospel or in any way that would lead you to believe otherwise (30Sep2021)
        Originally posted by GSXR7ED
        Forums are pretty much unrecognizable conversations; simply because it's a smorgasbord of feedback...from people we don't know. It's not too difficult to ignore the things that need to be bypassed.

Comment

Be prepared, if you get a stock airbox, to do some serious wrestling with the carbs getting it all back together.
          Current Bikes:
          2001 Yamaha FZ1 (bought same one back)

Comment

Welcome fellow Texan!
            1982 GS1100E "Jolene"

Comment

Working...
            X