Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Introducing my GScrambler :)

Hello from Sydney Australia!

Just thought I'd show you some of the nice roads I've shared with my custom GS650E around the outskirts of Sydney the past few months.

Some of the work I've done which :
    Repainted tank
    LED rear brake and signals
    Made a skateboard seat and reupholstered - also used skateboard to make sidecovers.
    Since this post I've fitted dualsport 60/40 Kenda 761 Scout tires

I love old school 80s UJMs. You can definitely change the style of the bike with little aesthetics removed whilst maintaining everything mechanically stock.

Enjoy

Cool, welcome to the forum.
    GSRick
    No God, no peace. Know God, know peace.

Eric Bang RIP 9/5/2018
    Have some bikes ready for us when we meet up.

Comment

Hi ya, Scrambler.
      Sportster mufflers?
      Touring, dirt, riding...nice to see a bike being enjoyed in many ways.
      2@ \'78 GS1000

Comment

Very cool!

Thanks for all the different angles and backdrops of you and your Scrambler!

Ed
        GS750TZ V&H/4-1, Progressive Shocks, Rebuilt MC/braided line, Tarozzi Stabilizer[Seq#2312]
        GS750TZ Parts Bike [Seq#6036]
        GSX-R750Y (Sold)

my opinion shouldn't be taken as gospel or in any way that would lead you to believe otherwise (30Sep2021)
        Originally posted by GSXR7ED
        Forums are pretty much unrecognizable conversations; simply because it's a smorgasbord of feedback...from people we don't know. It's not too difficult to ignore the things that need to be bypassed.

Comment

Originally posted by steve murdoch View Post
          Hi ya, Scrambler.
          Sportster mufflers?
          Touring, dirt, riding...nice to see a bike being enjoyed in many ways.
          yes good spot!

Comment

Great pics! Also glad to see a GS really getting ridden...
            '77 GS750 920cc heavily modded
            '97 Kawasaki KDX220R rugged terrain ripper!
            '99 Kawasaki KDX220R​ rebuild in progress
            '79 GS425stock
            PROJECTS:
            '77 Suzuki PE250 woods racer
            '77 GS550 740cc major mods
            '77 GS400 489cc racer build
            '76 Rickman CR1000 GS1000/1100
            '78 GS1000C/1100

Comment

Hey mate welcome from sunny Brissy! Looks like a neat 650 you got there!
              1982 GS450E - The Wee Beastie
              1984 GSX750S Katana 7/11 - Kit Kat - BOTM May 2020

sigpic

450 Refresh thread: https://www.thegsresources.com/_foru...-GS450-Refresh

Katana 7/11 thread: http://www.thegsresources.com/_forum...84-Katana-7-11

Comment

Love it! Sometimes I wish I'd gone Scrambler vs Cafe. Still could I suppose. Like you say, the bones are there, just change the clothes.
                2003 SV650 full fairing on a formerly naked bike so it has handlebars, not clipons
                1995 Yamaha XT225
                2007 Yamaha XT225
                1981 GS250T Cafe

Comment

Sweet! In that second pictures, what is the canvas saddle bag you're using?
                  1980/1981 GS450 - GS500 Cylinder + Piston Swap - "De-L'ed", custom seat, CB350 bits, 18" rear, etc.
                  1977 GS550
                  1977 GS750 - Cross country trip thread

Comment

Originally posted by suziscrambler View Post
                    I love old school 80s UJMs. You can definitely change the style of the bike with little aesthetics removed whilst maintaining everything mechanically stock.
                    That is exactly what puts the "U" in "Universal Japanese Motorcycle".

sigpic
                    mine: 2000 Honda GoldWing GL1500SE and 1980 GS850G'K' "Junior"
                    hers: 1982 GS850GL - "Angel" and 1969 Suzuki T250 Scrambler
                    #1 son: 1986 Yamaha Venture Royale 1300 and 1982 GS650GL "Rat Bagger"
                    #2 son: 1980 GS1000G
                    Family Portrait
                    Siblings and Spouses
                    Mom's first ride
                    Want a copy of my valve adjust spreadsheet for your 2-valve per cylinder engine? Send me an e-mail request (not a PM)
                    (Click on my username in the upper-left corner for e-mail info.)

Comment

WoooHooo Rock On, ride the poo out of it, get it dirty then dirty again,

V
                      Gustov
                      80 GS 1100 LT, 83 1100 G "Scruffy"
                      81 GS 1000 G
                      79 GS 850 G
                      81 GS 850 L
                      83 GS 550 ES, 85 GS 550 ES
                      80 GS 550 L
                      86 450 Rebel, 70CL 70, Yamaha TTR125
                      2002 Honda 919
                      2004 Ural Gear up

Comment

Am planning on the Kendas for my gs450, having a smaller bike (compared to my previous ones) it makes more sense for getting further back "off the grid" so to speak. The only thing I have left from my rehab job (bike last registered in '98) is getting the right shims installed and tires on it then I should be ready to go! Having a set of "true" scrambler pipes would be nice, but that looks like a custom job. Considering putting some ammo cans on mine in place of panniers, really want to put some miles on mine first to get a better idea what I have overall.
                        1980 Yamaha XS1100G (Current bike)
                        1982 GS450txz (former bike)
                        LONG list of previous bikes not listed here.

These aren't my words, I just arrange them

Comment

Yep, to my mind a scrambler does need a high pipe, but yes they typically need to be custom made... I call my 450 "scrambler inspired" rather than a scrambler as it really is road focused.

Photophucket screwed up all my albums so these are the only shots I have uploaded to Flickr, and they're way out of date. I have an LED tail light on now which suits a lot better, and am running Avon Roadriders rather than the mixed Pirelli dual sports in the photos. I really wasn't happy with the dual sports in the twisties which is why I went back to pure road tyres, much more fun that way!

IMG_4995 by starpoint73, on Flickr

IMG_4994 by starpoint73, on Flickr
                          1982 GS450E - The Wee Beastie
                          1984 GSX750S Katana 7/11 - Kit Kat - BOTM May 2020

sigpic

450 Refresh thread: https://www.thegsresources.com/_foru...-GS450-Refresh

Katana 7/11 thread: http://www.thegsresources.com/_forum...84-Katana-7-11

Comment

Very nice bike. I couldn't imagine wearing all my camping gear on a long trip like that backpack/bedroll setup on multiday thousands of miles trips. I hate wearing anything on my back when riding induces severe shoulder fatigue in short order.

Digging the photos.

Comment

Originally posted by pete View Post
                              Yep, to my mind a scrambler does need a high pipe, but yes they typically need to be custom made... I call my 450 "scrambler inspired" rather than a scrambler as it really is road focused.

Photophucket screwed up all my albums so these are the only shots I have uploaded to Flickr, and they're way out of date. I have an LED tail light on now which suits a lot better, and am running Avon Roadriders rather than the mixed Pirelli dual sports in the photos. I really wasn't happy with the dual sports in the twisties which is why I went back to pure road tyres, much more fun that way!

IMG_4995 by starpoint73, on Flickr

IMG_4994 by starpoint73, on Flickr

LOVE the high pipe! I do love the look of true scrambler pipes but practicality suffers when you have a pillion and it makes for carrying luggage (saddlebags) a little more creative to fit. Did you have your pipes custom made?

Comment

Working...
                              X