Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hello New member here

Hey there GS Forum.

I am a new member from Ontario, Canada. Bought a 1981 GS550 couple years ago and now finishing to rebuild carbs.

I have been riding for over 13 years. I own 3 bikes right now and still own my first bike. In order of acquisition, 2005 Yamaha R6, 2010 Triumph Speed Triple and 1981 GS 550T

Here are pics of them...see follwoing posts
    Attached Files

Triumph speed triple that I went coast to coast across Canada with
    Attached Files

Comment

LAtest acquisition GS550..
      Attached Files

Comment

Welcome to the site, Lamda.
        Love seeing bikes in the house.
        Cross country on Speed Triple? You kids today. haha.
        2@ \'78 GS1000

Comment

Actually the Triumph was quite comfortable. Trip of lasted 16 days and I only had a pack back to carry. Nothing too fancy.. I learned to pack light!

Bike in the house is a must in the winter Need to protect them from the cold weather. Fiancee is expecting it now and when she got a bike, she requested to bring her's in too...

Comment

Welcome and that your 550T looks to be in good shape. Recommendation when you do the carbs make sure you change the O rings - forum member sells a perfect package for them www.cycleorings.com/#BS_Series_O-ring_Kit . My brother in Ontario was looking for that exact same bike - bit hard to come by. I've restored two - great retro ride!
            GS550T 1981
            GS850G 1983
            GS650G 1982
            GS650G 1982 Under Restoration 😳🏍👍

Comment

Welcome to GSR, Lamda. Glad to see some common sense prevails and you have bikes indoors as there is a LOT of ice out there today....and ice pellets are still falling.
              "If you scare people enough, they will demand removal of freedom. This is the path to tyranny."
              Elon Musk Jan, 2022

Comment

Welcome to the forum!
                Current Bikes:
                2001 Yamaha FZ1 (bought same one back)

Comment

Working...
                X