New member from ontario canada

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

New member from ontario canada

Just joined up yesterday. I own an 83 GS1100E and a 86 GS1150EF. Also into CBX's and old 1970's Goldwings.
    I have an eclectic taste in motorcycles and got back into Suzuki's as I owned the exact same GS110E back
    in the 80's.

The EF is somewhat torn down with an output shaft problem that I now have the parts for and I hope to see it
    run this season. I recognize some of the members here from the CBX forums and other forums where I hang out
    occasionally

twowings
    1983 GS1100E, 1986 GS1150EF

Originally posted by twowings View Post
    Just joined up yesterday. I own an 83 GS1100E and a 86 GS1150EF. Also into CBX's and old 1970's Goldwings.
    I have an eclectic taste in motorcycles and got back into Suzuki's as I owned the exact same GS110E back
    in the 80's.

The EF is somewhat torn down with an output shaft problem that I now have the parts for and I hope to see it
    run this season. I recognize some of the members here from the CBX forums and other forums where I hang out
    occasionally

twowings
    Hey welcome to the forum! I grew up in Innerkip...lived in Woodstock too...went to Huron Park....maybe we know each other?
    Cheers

Bought my, first brand new Susuki, an 83 GS750e from Mike Davis...
    No signature

Comment

Welcome twowings. You have two of my favorite Suzukis.
      sigpic
      When consulting the magic 8 ball for advice, one must first ask it "will your answers be accurate?"

Glen
      -85 1150 es - Plus size supermodel.
      -Rusty old scooter.
      Other things I like to photograph.....instagram.com/gs_junkie
      https://www.instagram.com/glen_brenner/
      https://www.flickr.com/photos/152267...7713345317771/

Comment

Welcome from Texas.

Comment

TW, Welcome.

Good intro post (better with pics).

Do tell us more of your adventures.

Had 850G for 14 years. Now have GK since 2005.
          GK at IndyMotoGP Suzuki Display... ... GK on GSResources Page ... ... Euro Trash Ego Machine .. ..3 mo'cykls.... update 2 mocykl

Comment

Welcome ,I grew up not far from there as well , Brian

Comment

I know twowings from the CBX community.
              He is a good guy and an asset to have on-board.
              2@ \'78 GS1000

Comment

Welcome TW,

The bikes you intro'd are great! And your personality has already been vetted elsewhere. Sorry, lots of political stuff here and to read others chime in with good reviews of you speaks volumes.

Post pics please!!!

Ed
                GS750TZ V&H/4-1, Progressive Shocks, Rebuilt MC/braided line, Tarozzi Stabilizer[Seq#2312]
                GS750TZ Parts Bike [Seq#6036]
                GSX-R750Y (Sold)

my opinion shouldn't be taken as gospel or in any way that would lead you to believe otherwise (30Sep2021)
                Originally posted by GSXR7ED
                Forums are pretty much unrecognizable conversations; simply because it's a smorgasbord of feedback...from people we don't know. It's not too difficult to ignore the things that need to be bypassed.

Comment

Originally posted by trevor View Post
                  Hey welcome to the forum! I grew up in Innerkip...lived in Woodstock too...went to Huron Park....maybe we know each other?
                  Cheers

Bought my, first brand new Susuki, an 83 GS750e from Mike Davis...
                  I remember Mike Davos quite well. Too bad he closed his shop and disappeared. Did lots of heavy duty partying with that crowd back
                  in the late 70's and 80's. I live outside of Woodstock now and have the MBS bug bad. Last count was over 40 bikes.

Comment

Originally posted by steve murdoch View Post
                    I know twowings from the CBX community.
                    He is a good guy and an asset to have on-board.
                    Hi Steve, not surprised to see you here as we have very similar tastes in motorcycles. Retired again or still doing the work thing?

Comment

Originally posted by GSXR7ED View Post
                      Welcome TW,

The bikes you intro'd are great! And your personality has already been vetted elsewhere. Sorry, lots of political stuff here and to read others chime in with good reviews of you speaks volumes.

Post pics please!!!

Ed
                      Not much to see yet with the 1150EF but I will get a shot of the 1100E and post it. It's been altered a bit but I have been accumulating stock parts for it. 18000 original kilometers on it, 11000 miles for the non metric crowd. I find the political stuff interesting as I have traveled heavily in the US mid west agricultural belt for my employer and find their viewpoints match mine. Us (former) farm boys think alike I guess.

Comment

Originally posted by harley10 View Post
                        Welcome ,I grew up not far from there as well , Brian
                        Thanks for the welcome. I've lived around this area since 1960 except for a few sojourns to other parts of the country for a few years.

Comment

I remember Mike Davos quite well. Too bad he closed his shop and disappeared. Did lots of heavy duty partying with that crowd back
                          in the late 70's and 80's. I live outside of Woodstock now and have the MBS bug bad. Last count was over 40 bikes.
                          Mike died a few years ago...cancer...Any chance you know my cousin Danny Newell?
                          No signature

Comment

Originally posted by dorkburger View Post
                            Welcome twowings. You have two of my favorite Suzukis.
                            Yes indeed, there is something about the overall look of the 83 1100E that's just right. One of my all time favorite bikes and I was lucky to find it for only $900 Canadian. That's like $100 US funds isn't it? That black engine with the red paint just looks right. The lines flow!

Comment

Hi Steve, not surprised to see you here as we have very similar tastes in motorcycles. Retired again or still doing the work thing?
                              Henry, as you well know it is income tax time, so my answer to you MIGHT be different than reported to Revenue Canada. haha.

A small hi-jack.....any of you guys with local ties know anything about the cycle salvage yard "near" Innerkip?
                              2@ \'78 GS1000

Comment

Working...
                              X