Another old guy with old bikes, back to the forum

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Another old guy with old bikes, back to the forum

It's been a couple of years since I rode my GS.
    Once again, this forum assisted me in doing the ole CV carb clean and rebuild.

1981 GS1000GX (Red) 1981 GS450S(X) 1981 GS450T(X) 1980 GS450E(T) 1982 GS450GA (automatic)
    Resurrected Carbs Ignitor problems time for carb rebuild again Whee! runs good Brakes, carbs rebuild again soon
    Vetter fairing, bags, trunk

Read the Stator papers and do what it says.
    Use the CV rebuild tutorial even if you have done it several times.
    BikeCliff, Nessiam, et all are all gurus on these bikes.

Thanks for keeping the site around!
    Sigbikes2.jpg

Welcome to the site, Don.
    There are quite a few active members from your neck of the woods.
    Does your 450S have the fairing?
    2@ \'78 GS1000

Comment

Greetings Don,

Nice to be back...I'm sure for you...the members mentioned are very knowledgeable as is posplyr (electrics guy) plus others who inject good tid bits of information.

Quite the collection of 450s you got there; even an automatic! I've never seen one up close let alone ridden one.

I was fortunate to meet MrBill while I was working in Alamogordo, NM at Holloman AFB back in late 2013 until summer 2014. He lives in Las Cruces. Bill helped me with upgrades to my "T" and also led me on the only group ride (I've ever been on) that was a great learning experience.

Welcome back and enjoy the GSR once again!

Ed
      GS750TZ V&H/4-1, Progressive Shocks, Rebuilt MC/braided line, Tarozzi Stabilizer[Seq#2312]
      GS750TZ Parts Bike [Seq#6036]
      GSX-R750Y (Sold)

my opinion shouldn't be taken as gospel or in any way that would lead you to believe otherwise (30Sep2021)
      Originally posted by GSXR7ED
      Forums are pretty much unrecognizable conversations; simply because it's a smorgasbord of feedback...from people we don't know. It's not too difficult to ignore the things that need to be bypassed.

Comment

Originally posted by GSXR7ED View Post
        Greetings Don,

Nice to be back...I'm sure for you...the members mentioned are very knowledgeable as is posplyr (electrics guy) plus others who inject good tid bits of information.

Quite the collection of 450s you got there; even an automatic! I've never seen one up close let alone ridden one.

I was fortunate to meet MrBill while I was working in Alamogordo, NM at Holloman AFB back in late 2013 until summer 2014. He lives in Las Cruces. Bill helped me with upgrades to my "T" and also led me on the only group ride (I've ever been on) that was a great learning experience.

Welcome back and enjoy the GSR once again!

Ed
        Group ride coming up MrEd, for my wedding at Sun Spot end of this month lol. Oh and for a wedding present to the both of us, looks like we are getting a Spyder.
        Last edited by mrbill5491; 06-04-2018, 12:23 PM.
        sigpicMrBill Been a GSR member on and off since April 2002
        1980 GS 750E Bought new in Feb of 1980
        2015 CAN AM RTS

Stuff I've done to my bike 1100E front end with new Sonic springs, 1100E swing arm conversion with new Progressive shocks installed, 530 sprockets/chain conversion, new SS brake lines, new brake pads. New SS fasteners through out. Rebuilt carbs, new EBC clutch springs and horn installed. New paint. Motor runs strong.

Comment

Originally posted by mrbill5491 View Post
          Group ride coming up MrEd, for my wedding at Sun Spot end of this month lol. Oh and for a wedding present to the both of us, looks like we are getting a Spyder.
          That was a long trek to Alamogordo, NM from Dover, DE; 2000 miles and I did it in three days! Of course, I only wanted to do like 500 miles per day but added some for good measure.

Yes, I would do another group ride with your friends...good people that aren't too crazy in a group.

That's awesome about your wedding...CONGRATS! And the Spyder to boot! Awesome!!!

Don,

I hope you get to meet MrBill. He's a great friend.

Ed
          GS750TZ V&H/4-1, Progressive Shocks, Rebuilt MC/braided line, Tarozzi Stabilizer[Seq#2312]
          GS750TZ Parts Bike [Seq#6036]
          GSX-R750Y (Sold)

my opinion shouldn't be taken as gospel or in any way that would lead you to believe otherwise (30Sep2021)
          Originally posted by GSXR7ED
          Forums are pretty much unrecognizable conversations; simply because it's a smorgasbord of feedback...from people we don't know. It's not too difficult to ignore the things that need to be bypassed.

Comment

Working...
          X