Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Just picked up a 82 GS450L and found this group all in the same day.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Just picked up a 82 GS450L and found this group all in the same day.

Been over 34 years since I owned a bike, and found a very low mileage GS450L at a reasonable price, so here I am.

Already have added to the original list of things to upgrade just by reading a bit here.

Interested in metal fabrication and restoration work.

I plan on modding the bike a bit, without doing anything that cannot be easily reversed if I decide to do a restoration in it.

Harry

Hi,Thehabman. We like PICTURES!!
    go to link below for lot's of info. You're going to want the shopmanual .Yours will be "GS400-450 '77-'87......80mb" but there's a ton of other useful stuff.
    BikeCliff's Website

Comment

Welcome to the site, Harry.
      Welcome back to the wonderful world of motorcycles.

With a 34 year layoff from riding it might be a good idea to look at a refresher riding course.
      2@ \'78 GS1000

Comment

Hi Harry- Welcome back to biking. I have a good friend on Lobdell (sp?) lake. Good luck with the new project, Steve
        85 1150E

Comment

Welcome. Just finished up my 82 GS450T from a similar circumstance, very simple to work on and with the board here you'll have it going in no time.
          1980 Yamaha XS1100G (Current bike)
          1982 GS450txz (former bike)
          LONG list of previous bikes not listed here.

These aren't my words, I just arrange them

Comment

Yay, another twin! Welcome!
            2003 SV650 full fairing on a formerly naked bike so it has handlebars, not clipons
            1995 Yamaha XT225
            2007 Yamaha XT225
            1981 GS250T Cafe

Comment

Welcome, and welcome back to motocycling. Enjoy.
              sigpic
              When consulting the magic 8 ball for advice, one must first ask it "will your answers be accurate?"

Glen
              -85 1150 es - Plus size supermodel.
              -Rusty old scooter.
              Other things I like to photograph.....instagram.com/gs_junkie
              https://www.instagram.com/glen_brenner/
              https://www.flickr.com/photos/152267...7713345317771/

Comment

Welcome to GSR (from other side of the state).

Fenton MI, have heard of that, and somewhat know where it is. Somewhat between Pontiac and Flint. Am not recalling any other GSR members in the area.

Welcome back to motorcycling. Might want to concider taking a MSF class as a refresher (or maybe a complete start-over). I dont know now, but used to be those classes all filled up by this time of year.

450L.... you say low miles and good price... any other reason you liked it...?
                Going to ride around town, or go on day trips? Multi day trips?

Weither it has 15k miles or 65k miles, an other important thing is "how long has it sat unused?".

Pictures, we all like pictures. ANd we do need to see pictures before can give any technical advise.
                Yah, need to know if it is the black one or the maroon one har har har.
                See if it still has the stock buckhorn bars.

Last edited by Redman; 06-09-2018, 12:08 AM.

Had 850G for 14 years. Now have GK since 2005.
                GK at IndyMotoGP Suzuki Display... ... GK on GSResources Page ... ... Euro Trash Ego Machine .. ..3 mo'cykls.... update 2 mocykl

Comment

Working...
                X