Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

1982 gs1100 gk

Hey Everybody,

Just picked up a new (to me) 1982 GS1100 GK. The clock shows 15K. Does not run, but the PO had been riding it, but maybe a month or so ago, it stopped, so I will look into that first. Its biggest problems are being cosmetically challenged. He removed the fairing and put on a windshield. It has the trunk and bags, but I am probably going to lose all of that.

My first question; the seat pan has some pretty serious rust on it, two big holes, beyond repair, so I would like to replace that. Are there seats from other models that will bolt on in its place?

Thanks!
    Skip

Originally posted by Skiprrrdog View Post
    Hey Everybody,

Just picked up a new (to me) 1982 GS1100 GK. The clock shows 15K. Does not run, but the PO had been riding it, but maybe a month or so ago, it stopped, so I will look into that first. Its biggest problems are being cosmetically challenged. He removed the fairing and put on a windshield. It has the trunk and bags, but I am probably going to lose all of that.

My first question; the seat pan has some pretty serious rust on it, two big holes, beyond repair, so I would like to replace that. Are there seats from other models that will bolt on in its place?

Thanks!
    Skip
    Welcome to the forum Skip. Check this thread, he may have a good seat. I bought the tail and side cover plastics. https://www.thegsresources.com/_foru...ct-up-for-sale
    GSRick
    No God, no peace. Know God, know peace.

Eric Bang RIP 9/5/2018
    Have some bikes ready for us when we meet up.

Comment

I replaced the seat on my '84 GK with a seat from an '82 1100G, but I had to switch the foam and cover over to the GK pan. Worked fine.
      Current Bikes:
      2001 Yamaha FZ1 (bought same one back)

Comment

How are you coming along with getting it running again?
        I'm working on one as well... The wires are all misconnected and I'm going through the diagram connection by connection trying to get back to normal. FYI.. the pink wire goes nowhere (as far as I can tell anyway)

Comment

Working...
        X