New here

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

New here

My son was given a gs 650 g and we'rein the process of getting it to run. Turned over but then stopped.

I've worked on lots of older Japanese bikes I my day so j should be able to get it runnin

Is there z place that gas a download able service manual that can be trusted?

We'll post pictures as we go.

Welcome to the site.
    Manuals and how-tos can be found here.

Spent an afternoon in New Liskeard when we were canoeing in Temagami.
    Beautiful area.
    2@ \'78 GS1000

Comment

Thank you for the help

Comment

Originally posted by tritowns View Post
        My son was given a gs 650 g and we'rein the process of getting it to run. Turned over but then stopped.

Welcome to GSR.

A suspect of "turned over then stopped" could be the clutch interlock switch.

Sounds like a good father-son project.

Yah, do post some pictures. Is required to have pictures posted before we can give any technical advice har har har we need to know if it is the black one or the maroon one har har har.

Had 850G for 14 years. Now have GK since 2005.
        GK at IndyMotoGP Suzuki Display... ... GK on GSResources Page ... ... Euro Trash Ego Machine .. ..3 mo'cykls.... update 2 mocykl

Comment

Welcome.
          Looking forward to pictures.
          sigpic
          When consulting the magic 8 ball for advice, one must first ask it "will your answers be accurate?"

Glen
          -85 1150 es - Plus size supermodel.
          -Rusty old scooter.
          Other things I like to photograph.....instagram.com/gs_junkie
          https://www.instagram.com/glen_brenner/
          https://www.flickr.com/photos/152267...7713345317771/

Comment

[QUOTE=Redman;2482493]Welcome to GSR.

A suspect of "turned over then stopped" could be the clutch interlock switch.

The starter switch or what ever it's called goes click when I press the starter button.

I suspect the engine is stuck... I should be able to roll it over in gear with the plugs out and I can't... hmmm not sure what's next.... don't really want to pull it all apart

Comment

Fogged the neck outta the cylinders... waited a bit and I can now turn the engine over some... Fogged the cylinders some more... I'll try with the started in a couple hours

Comment

I suspect the engine is stuck... I should be able to roll it over in gear with the plugs out and I can't... hmmm not sure what's next.... don't really want to pull it all apart
                Fogged the neck outta the cylinders... waited a bit and I can now turn the engine over some... Fogged the cylinders some more... I'll try with the started in a couple hours
                Good to hear of the improvment ... but, still : doesnt sound good.

Had 850G for 14 years. Now have GK since 2005.
                GK at IndyMotoGP Suzuki Display... ... GK on GSResources Page ... ... Euro Trash Ego Machine .. ..3 mo'cykls.... update 2 mocykl

Comment

What are you using to "fog the cylinders"?

The thought of what might be in use really scares me.

sigpic
                  mine: 2000 Honda GoldWing GL1500SE and 1980 GS850G'K' "Junior"
                  hers: 1982 GS850GL - "Angel" and 1969 Suzuki T250 Scrambler
                  #1 son: 1986 Yamaha Venture Royale 1300 and 1982 GS650GL "Rat Bagger"
                  #2 son: 1980 GS1000G
                  Family Portrait
                  Siblings and Spouses
                  Mom's first ride
                  Want a copy of my valve adjust spreadsheet for your 2-valve per cylinder engine? Send me an e-mail request (not a PM)
                  (Click on my username in the upper-left corner for e-mail info.)

Comment

Originally posted by Steve View Post
                    What are you using to "fog the cylinders"?

The thought of what might be in use really scares me.

Fogging oil... we use it when storing our snowmobiles etc...

Comment

Howdy. Sounds like you got a handle on it. These Bikes are known to by-pass fuel through weak carb needle and seats into the cylinders and crankcase that can cause a hydro-lock condition. Keep an eye on the oil level so you know gas has not mixed with the oil.
                      82 1100 EZ (red)

"You co-opting words of KV only thickens the scent of your BS. A thief and a putter-on of airs most foul. " JEEPRUSTY

Comment

Originally posted by steve murdoch View Post
                        Welcome to the site.
                        Manuals and how-tos can be found here.

Spent an afternoon in New Liskeard when we were canoeing in Temagami.
                        Beautiful area.
                        Nice to meet you

Comment

My wife is from Temagami, her cousin lived in Haileybury for a while. Should be back up there later this summer for a visit. Was up there for the New Liskeard ride for cancer run a few years ago. That was a lot of fun. Several thousand bikes all descending on a small town. Did not see one vintage Suzuki though!

Comment

Originally posted by Phred View Post
                            My wife is from Temagami, her cousin lived in Haileybury for a while. Should be back up there later this summer for a visit. Was up there for the New Liskeard ride for cancer run a few years ago. That was a lot of fun. Several thousand bikes all descending on a small town. Did not see one vintage Suzuki though!
                            Bikers reunion was always a good time... sad to see it go

Comment

Working...
                            X