Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

New GS750E (GSX750E in Europe) Owner here!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

New GS750E (GSX750E in Europe) Owner here!

Hey!

I recently brought home my first Motorcycle, a Suzuki GS750E. I have only ridden it for a few miles (don't have the license yet, working on that) but i already love it. It runs perfectly and looks decent. A bit of rust on the exhaust and the bag-mount in the back but nothing major other than the seat, it's a bit rusty in the bottom. It has about 35k miles on it and hopefully I will get many more!

I just wanted to say I've been lurking around on this forum for a good bit and i really love the dedication you guys have for these bikes. I have been riding smaller suzukis when I was younger and that's why I started looking for one in the first place, but after finding this forum I made up my mind, I was gonna get a Gs no matter what. And here I am, a couple of months away from getting the license and the bike is already waiting for me.

The plan is to get comfortable on the road on this bike and take it for longer trips around Scandinavia and eventually Europe (I live in Sweden). Honestly I cant wait to take it out, been working on every day since I got it. Here it is with the original side bags!
    20180616_130606.jpg

So far I've switched the clutch and gas wire, replaced the chain and the... cogwheels (not sure what it's called in english), got a new battery, and new oil. Next up is a new rear tire since it's almost out of grip and then I'll get going on a phone mount and a wind shield.

So what do you think, is the GS750E a comfortable bike for longer trips?

Take care!

//Thomas
    Last edited by Guest; 06-21-2018, 06:46 PM.

Welcome! Nice bike, in an unusual colour scheme.

Oh, the 'cogwheels' are sprockets.
    1980 GS550ET

Comment

Originally posted by steveb922 View Post
      Welcome! Nice bike, in an unusual colour scheme.

Oh, the 'cogwheels' are sprockets.
      Thanks! Yeah I haven't seen many for sale so far in this color, I like it a lot but it has a few minor scratches so we'll see what I do with it down the line.

Ahh that's right, sprockets! Thanks!

Comment

Welcome Thomas,

Your enthusiasm is great! I like reading how you're goals are so "within reach" that you look forward to reaching them.

Very nice looking color on your bike too. Let us know how things progress.

Ed
        GS750TZ V&H/4-1, Progressive Shocks, Rebuilt MC/braided line, Tarozzi Stabilizer[Seq#2312]
        GS750TZ Parts Bike [Seq#6036]
        GSX-R750Y (Sold)

my opinion shouldn't be taken as gospel or in any way that would lead you to believe otherwise (30Sep2021)
        Originally posted by GSXR7ED
        Forums are pretty much unrecognizable conversations; simply because it's a smorgasbord of feedback...from people we don't know. It's not too difficult to ignore the things that need to be bypassed.

Comment

Originally posted by GSXR7ED View Post
          Welcome Thomas,

Your enthusiasm is great! I like reading how you're goals are so "within reach" that you look forward to reaching them.

Very nice looking color on your bike too. Let us know how things progress.

Ed
          Hey Ed!

Thank you! It's been a long time coming, been wanting a bike for so long but other things have gotten in the way, but now it's finally my time!

I will and I will definitely show you some of Sweden's great landscape's when I get going

Thomas

Comment

Hi Thomas and welcome. That is a great looking machine and an unusual colour. Many happy miles and safe arrivals.
            There are more comfortable touring bikes than the GS but you are on a winner for all round practicality and fun.
            300km should be no problem even on small roads. I would make one comment about the handlebars. They are quite low for relaxed touring, like mine, and if you are driving a lot of the time below 100kph you may find that the pressure on your hands causes 'pins and needles'. A windshield will make it worse. It affects different people differently so just be aware that it can happen.
            97 R1100R
            Previous
            80 GS850G, 79 Z400B, 85 R100RT, 80 Z650D, 76 CB200

Comment

Welcome.
              Nice looking ride. Comfort level is a personal thing, but I think the bike would be fine on trips.
              Windshields can be touchy. Some will blast air right at your head making it noisy in the helmet.
              I had a couple of unfaired bikes that were actually caused less noise in my helmet then my current faired bike. I wear earplugs now - personally its a worthy trade off to keep some chilly air off of my body.

Enjoy.
              sigpic
              When consulting the magic 8 ball for advice, one must first ask it "will your answers be accurate?"

Glen
              -85 1150 es - Plus size supermodel.
              -Rusty old scooter.
              Other things I like to photograph.....instagram.com/gs_junkie
              https://www.instagram.com/glen_brenner/
              https://www.flickr.com/photos/152267...7713345317771/

Comment

Originally posted by dorkburger View Post
                Welcome.
                Nice looking ride. Comfort level is a personal thing, but I think the bike would be fine on trips.
                Windshields can be touchy. Some will blast air right at your head making it noisy in the helmet.
                I had a couple of unfaired bikes that were actually caused less noise in my helmet then my current faired bike. I wear earplugs now - personally its a worthy trade off to keep some chilly air off of my body.

Enjoy.
                Thanks! Yeah that's true, and since there are a lot of different windshields out there it might be hard to find the right one for me. I think I will just see how it feels on longer trips without one first and then decide if I want to add one. For now I like the sound so much so I won't wear earplugs but I guess that may change after a while

Originally posted by Brendan W View Post
                Hi Thomas and welcome. That is a great looking machine and an unusual colour. Many happy miles and safe arrivals.
                There are more comfortable touring bikes than the GS but you are on a winner for all round practicality and fun.
                300km should be no problem even on small roads. I would make one comment about the handlebars. They are quite low for relaxed touring, like mine, and if you are driving a lot of the time below 100kph you may find that the pressure on your hands causes 'pins and needles'. A windshield will make it worse. It affects different people differently so just be aware that it can happen.
                Thank you and thanks for the input on the handbar and windshield. I think I will put some miles on the bike without it first and see how it feels and then maybe play around with it!

Have you ever tried risers to get the handlebar up a bit, or has it not been a problem for you? I've seen some people use them, but I've also seen people use a different bar entirely to make it more comfortable for touring. I really like the original look though so we'll see what happens.

//Thomas

Comment

Originally posted by roothless View Post
                  I think I will put some miles on the bike without it first and see how it feels and then maybe play around with it!
                  Have you ever tried risers to get the handlebar up a bit, or has it not been a problem for you? I've seen some people use them, but I've also seen people use a different bar entirely to make it more comfortable for touring. I really like the original look though so we'll see what happens.

//Thomas
                  I had higher bars on a fully faired R100RT and a Z650D. I prefer the riding position with the flat bars on the GS even though on long relaxed trips I need to use my legs and core strength to take weight off the bars. At higher speeds the air resistance takes care of it.
                  Putting miles on it will show up any issues. I find that gloves that are just a little bit tight make it a lot worse.
                  97 R1100R
                  Previous
                  80 GS850G, 79 Z400B, 85 R100RT, 80 Z650D, 76 CB200

Comment

Originally posted by Brendan W View Post
                    I had higher bars on a fully faired R100RT and a Z650D. I prefer the riding position with the flat bars on the GS even though on long relaxed trips I need to use my legs and core strength to take weight off the bars. At higher speeds the air resistance takes care of it.
                    Putting miles on it will show up any issues. I find that gloves that are just a little bit tight make it a lot worse.
                    All right, thanks for the input! Really appreciate it. Yeah I guess I will just have to figure it out as I go along.

Comment

Working...
                    X