New ‘82 GS 650 L. Owner.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

New ‘82 GS 650 L. Owner.

Hey gentleman and ladies putting together an 82 650 with my old man. Just starting this experience is fun and exciting and can’t wait to be finished and ready to ride.

Gentleman?
    You got the wrong place.
    Welcome to the site, Ben.
    Hopefully you have already found this collection of repair tips and manuals.
    2@ \'78 GS1000

Comment

Howdy! I ride a 650GL. Love it! Only thing I don't like is the small tank.
      Welcome!
      "I have come to believe that all life is precious." -- Eastman, TWD6.4

1999 Triumph Legend 900 TT

Comment

This is my oldest son, Ben. We are slowly bringing his first bike back from the dead. This is the '82 650 L I bought last year and decided I really didn't need it in my collection. Decided to sell, and he decided he wanted it, lol. We currently have the carbs in a few hundred pieces, and he is following the "tutorial" for the most part, in addition to my guidance. Next will be fork seals, and tires... He is looking forward to being a part of the GS community...

82 650L.jpg
        Last edited by Spyder; 07-23-2018, 10:45 AM.
        '83 GS 1100T
        The Jet

sigpic
        '95 GSXR 750w
        The Rocket

I'm sick of all these Irish stereotypes! When I finish my beer, I'm punching someone in the face ! ! !

Comment

Originally posted by Spyder View Post
          This is my oldest son, Ben. We are slowly bringing his first bike back from the dead. This is the '82 650 L I bought last year and decided I really didn't need it in my collection. Decided to sell, and he decided he wanted it, lol. We currently have the carbs in a few hundred pieces, and he is following the "tutorial" for the most part, in addition to my guidance. Next will be fork seals, and tires... He is looking forward to being a part of the GS community...

[ATTACH=CONFIG]55704[/ATTACH]
          A little spit and polish and that'll be one sweet looking machine! Of all the repair boards I've been on the last few years this one is the best, hands down. Questions are usually answered quickly and straight forward, flaming/trolling is left for other places.
          1980 Yamaha XS1100G (Current bike)
          1982 GS450txz (former bike)
          LONG list of previous bikes not listed here.

These aren't my words, I just arrange them

Comment

I had a GS650GL 1982 for a year -
            They are pretty quick , handle well, and are as reliable as a hammer once they are sorted out
            I sold mine because I felt like it was too small for me - (mistake)
            So I got my 850 instead

That will be an awesome bike
            Welcome aboard and thanks for your service
            Currently in the Stable :
            2002 Honda Goldwing GL1800 Sunburst Pearl Orange
            1983 Suzuki GS850 GL Blue & Black

" I am never lost until I run out of fuel...until that moment I am EXPLORING."
            - Carl R. Munkwitz

Munk's Maxim: "There is no such thing as a cheap motorcycle"

Comment

Working...
            X