New 1100GK owner here!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

New 1100GK owner here!

Hey guys. Picked up a somewhat ugly GK that runs like a rabid dog for a great price. I'm gonna be de-kaying it over the next couple weeks. Main centerpiece is a Harley Daymaker style 7" that's going on the forks. I also have a weird trailer hitch attachment that I need to remove/cutoff. Anyway, hi everyone!
    Attached Files

Hey there. Sounds like you have a plan. Good luck. The GK is a bike I've wanted for some time. I just like the touring stuff it has though. Apparently they have a lot more zip than the 850. Maybe someday I'll find out for myself.
    Anyway, glad you joined. Have fun.
    Roger

Current rides
    1983 GS 850G
    2003 FJR 1300A
    Gone but not forgotten 1985 Rebel 250, 1991 XT225, 2004 KLR650, 1981 GS850G, 1982 GS1100GL, 2002 DL1000, 2005 KLR650, 2003 KLX400

Comment

Hey if you want the front fairing or the tail box, you're welcome to them!

Comment

Ugly? I think it looks kinda nice... eye of the beholder etc etc etc....
        Nice score either way!

Comment

Originally posted by ChunderMifflin View Post
          Hey if you want the front fairing or the tail box, you're welcome to them!
          Thanks, I appreciate the offer. I have my 850 set up with Vetter Windjammer fairing and bags. I'm not as keen on the looks of these vs the GK stuff, but they function great. Oh, I also have a trunk that's a project for sometime in the future.
          Roger

Current rides
          1983 GS 850G
          2003 FJR 1300A
          Gone but not forgotten 1985 Rebel 250, 1991 XT225, 2004 KLR650, 1981 GS850G, 1982 GS1100GL, 2002 DL1000, 2005 KLR650, 2003 KLX400

Comment

The GK fairing would take a bit of fabrication to adapt it to just about any other bike. The mounts for the fairing are welded onto the bike's frame, so the fairing simply bolts to them. With any other fairing, you have to clamp a sub-frame to the bike, then bolt the fairing to it.

sigpic
            mine: 2000 Honda GoldWing GL1500SE and 1980 GS850G'K' "Junior"
            hers: 1982 GS850GL - "Angel" and 1969 Suzuki T250 Scrambler
            #1 son: 1986 Yamaha Venture Royale 1300 and 1982 GS650GL "Rat Bagger"
            #2 son: 1980 GS1000G
            Family Portrait
            Siblings and Spouses
            Mom's first ride
            Want a copy of my valve adjust spreadsheet for your 2-valve per cylinder engine? Send me an e-mail request (not a PM)
            (Click on my username in the upper-left corner for e-mail info.)

Comment

I would be interested in the faring. and will be coming through Goldsboro later this week on my way to coast.

Comment

First come first serve! I'm just keeping the saddlebags. If you'd like the trunk or the trailer hitch it's yours as well!

Comment

Welcome to the site.
                  Great way to kick off your GSR tenure by offering parts in your first post. haha.
                  2@ \'78 GS1000

Comment

Will be coming through Goldsboro tomorrow. Can we get together?

Comment

Sure, any idea what time you'll be around here? I work nights so I'm free after 10 am until midnight.

Comment

Heading to Havelock to visit daughter. Should be rolling through around noon. Maybe before depending on how early I get on road. Can you please me directions or nu.ber?

Comment

Working...
                        X