'81 GS1000G returning owner.....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

'81 GS1000G returning owner.....

Had my bike, Muriel, from almost new. Kept it for many years but family and increased rego costs got in the way. Sold her very cheaply to a friend who was going to look after her. Break of ownership for about five years until late last year when I bought it back from a subsequent owner a little worse for wear and minus the Windjammer fairing I had on. :-) Great source of info here - many thanks. As you'll see I also ride a Cruiser and once Muriel is back up and running properly I plan to spend time on both. After 36 years in a Navy uniform I'm now out and am one of the Road Captains for the Patriots Defence Force MC Club (New Zealand) so get some miles in (well, as many as we can in little ole New Zealand...... Cheers all. Griff
    Patriots Defence Force MC Club
    '81 GS1000G
    2015 Rocket 3 Touring (sold)
    2018 Indian Roadmaster (sold)
    2021 Royal Enfield Himalayan
    1997 Honda Goldwing GL1500 (sadly, written off after a slide down the road - September 2023)

Welcome, Griff

Thanks for intro.

Had 850G for 14 years. Now have GK since 2005.
    GK at IndyMotoGP Suzuki Display... ... GK on GSResources Page ... ... Euro Trash Ego Machine .. ..3 mo'cykls.... update 2 mocykl

Comment

Personally, I find that a 1000G suits me very well. The 1981 has running lights, so is a bit safer maybe, than the 1980. Congrats on getting yours back. I'm curious though, does yours have a chrome front fender and horizontal stripes on the tank? In the US we got a painted fender, and thin pin stripes on the tank, side covers, and front fender.
      sigpic Too old, too many bikes, too many cars, too many things

Comment

IMG_5706.jpg
        This is Muriel as I picked her up. You can see chrome front fender and thin pin-stripping as you've suggested above Combat. No running lights on this though. Cheers!
        Patriots Defence Force MC Club
        '81 GS1000G
        2015 Rocket 3 Touring (sold)
        2018 Indian Roadmaster (sold)
        2021 Royal Enfield Himalayan
        1997 Honda Goldwing GL1500 (sadly, written off after a slide down the road - September 2023)

Comment

Welcome. Nice that your old bike is back in your hands.
          sigpic
          When consulting the magic 8 ball for advice, one must first ask it "will your answers be accurate?"

Glen
          -85 1150 es - Plus size supermodel.
          -Rusty old scooter.
          Other things I like to photograph.....instagram.com/gs_junkie
          https://www.instagram.com/glen_brenner/
          https://www.flickr.com/photos/152267...7713345317771/

Comment

Working...
          X