GS750 owner from Holland

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

GS750 owner from Holland

Hello, I'm Japie from The Netherlands and I often rely on this forum to help me with my 1979 GS750.
    I bought it around 2 years ago and it was all original, has about 60k km now.
    I have since upgraded the brakes (thanks to this forum) and chain (530).

The braking is so much better now, but the front suspension is way too soft.
    The next upgrades on the Suzuki are the charging system and the front suspension.
    But the bike starts and rides very well, I often take it out for a drive.

This forum is very useful and cointais so much info, I had to introduce myself.

Some pictures below:
    The last picture is from when I bought it.

Last edited by Guest; 04-15-2019, 08:52 AM.

Welcome Japie
    You mentioned that you upgraded the brakes. The 3rd picture shows what looks like duct tape around the brake hose. Did you not upgrade the brake line? If you didn't, you should seriously consider it. Lots or companies make better steel braided brake line and new fittings. If that tape is holding back a leak, you're asking for some serious trouble.
    Rich
    1982 GS 750TZ
    2015 Triumph Tiger 1200

BikeCliff's / Charging System Sorted / Posting Pics
    Destroy-Rebuild 750T/ Destroy-Rebuild part deux

Comment

Hey you have a good eye! I did upgrade the brake lines, but it was slightly rubbing against the fender. I put a rubber hose around the brake line and some duct tape to hold it in place. Not the prettiest solution I agree

Comment

that's actually a really good idea. And keeps the "vintage" look.
        Rich
        1982 GS 750TZ
        2015 Triumph Tiger 1200

BikeCliff's / Charging System Sorted / Posting Pics
        Destroy-Rebuild 750T/ Destroy-Rebuild part deux

Comment

welcome from Doetinchem. The aluminium parts could use a good polish. Try Belgom. Makes it shiny again. And ifyou have the money install steel brake-lines. And the calipers are not Original. I think Woesthoff in Brummen has those.

Comment

Welcome, and I must say it looks alot better than when you first bought it. As a fellow minimalist, I salute you for removing the saddlebags, the trunk, the windshield, etc.

Now she's lighter, faster and more nimble, and we can see her!
            Last edited by Rob S.; 04-15-2019, 06:42 PM.
            1982 GS1100E V&H "SS" exhaust, APE pods, 1150 oil cooler, 140 speedo, 99.3 rear wheel HP, black engine, '83 red

2016 XL883L sigpic Two-tone blue and white. Almost 42 hp! Status: destroyed, now owned by the insurance company. The hole in my memory starts an hour before the accident and ends 24 hours after.

Comment

welcome and great looking bike

Comment

Welcome. Nice looking cycle.
                sigpic
                When consulting the magic 8 ball for advice, one must first ask it "will your answers be accurate?"

Glen
                -85 1150 es - Plus size supermodel.
                -Rusty old scooter.
                Other things I like to photograph.....instagram.com/gs_junkie
                https://www.instagram.com/glen_brenner/
                https://www.flickr.com/photos/152267...7713345317771/

Comment

Working...
                X