Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hi I am a troll,

Saying hi from Michigan, I am a troll (I live under the bridge),

Longtime Suzuki man. Parts from one seem to fit many others so I stick primarily to Suzuki's, also only buying suzi's keeps things a little easier on the marriage. You see I may have a problem. Don't drink (much), don't smoke (anymore), and don't do illegal drugs (it's legal now). But I do have a softspot for down and out motorcycle's. I am doing better now down to 3 ( Suzi) there is a honda 750 in the barn. So 4. But we don't let that one in the garage. It's not housebroke. But...I am waiting for the perfect deal on a chopper frame to put that 750 in then it can come in with the rest. The rest? I did just get rid of a yami tx500, a gs550l and a kat. Whats left is a GS650G, a GSX600r SRAD and I just added a GS1100GL. All in various phases of work. The G, is an art piece. Has a issue I haven't got back too. Think the manifolds are dry rotted, cracked and leaky. The Gixxer is the focus right now to get squared away. Was in sad shape. Is a "re-tired" stunt bike. Poor thing, all abused and all. Have hunted down most of the missing parts. Fixing the rest, rusty tank, soiled carbs, bearings, chain and sprockets and lots of paint. Being held up at the moment due to needing to get the wheel balanced and when I flushed the radiator I guess all the stop-leak washed out now I am left with two holes to be fixed, proper. Got some of that low heat aluminum weld but my little propane torch isn't enough to overcome all the heat leaving the radiator so need to upgrade to map. Guess Ida had the money if I didn't buy the 1100. See, I have a problem. The 11 is taking up garage space at the moment but I am itching to get it going. Runs really nice, most all there and the tanks not rotted out! All for $200! But...it don't move. I was thinking the clutch is toasted but am leaning to something else. The rear brake was locked so I removed it and the wheel spins freely. Freely in 1,2,3,4 and 5th with no difference in resistance. Would think if the clutch was cooked it would at least feel different turning the tire through the gears. Not ready to dig into it yet I only have room for one immobile vehicle at a time. So soon as the gixxer is moving the 1100 goes on the table.

Anyway thats a little bout me and my home for wayward Suzuki's. O and I may be long winded I know that don't go over well in forums so...Hi.

I'm a troll also, have lived in several places in the lower peninsula. There's scores of old bikes around no doubt, leftovers from when the auto industry had it so disposable income was easy to come by. As to parts swapping, Yamaha is another good brand that used a LOT of "off the shelf" engineering back in the day. Anyhow, welcome to the board, this one is one of the better ones out there.
    1980 Yamaha XS1100G (Current bike)
    1982 GS450txz (former bike)
    LONG list of previous bikes not listed here.

These aren't my words, I just arrange them

Comment

Best 'o luck with your illness, and welcome to the 10 step program!
      "Only fe' collected the old way, has any value." from His Majesty O'Keefe (1954 film)
      1982 GS1100G- road bike, body, seat and suspension modded
      1990 GSX750F-(1127cc '92 GSXR engine) track bike, much re-engineered
      1987 Honda CBR600F Hurricane; hooligan bike, restored

Comment

Originally posted by slipkid269 View Post
        ...I may be long winded I know that don't go over well in forums so...Hi.
        Not at all long winded - I love to read about other bikers. It would make it easier on my ancient eyes if you would hit the "return" key occasionally, though.

Wellcome aboard!
        1982 GS1100E V&H "SS" exhaust, APE pods, 1150 oil cooler, 140 speedo, 99.3 rear wheel HP, black engine, '83 red

2016 XL883L sigpic Two-tone blue and white. Almost 42 hp! Status: destroyed, now owned by the insurance company. The hole in my memory starts an hour before the accident and ends 24 hours after.

Comment

Thanks Lab3, are you the person in Houghton that posts parts on craigslist?

Comment

Sorry for the late reply expected to get email when someone posted! Maybe a setting I will look. But thanks guys for saying hi.

Comment

Originally posted by slipkid269 View Post
              Thanks Lab3, are you the person in Houghton that posts parts on craigslist?
              I posted a couple things, there's someone posting Honda 750 parts and bikes all the time there, it ain't me. Actually I'm drifting the country ATM.
              1980 Yamaha XS1100G (Current bike)
              1982 GS450txz (former bike)
              LONG list of previous bikes not listed here.

These aren't my words, I just arrange them

Comment

Working...
              X