Collapse
No announcement yet.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thank you for allowing me on this Forum. I hope to learn lots of new tips regarding GS Motorcycles. I own 3 GS Bikes. One a Bored out 1500 cc, another Bored out 1428, and a Bone stock (except ignition GS 1150. I have my first Question the Polaris Series Type Shindengen SH-775 Regulator Rectifier .?? My local Motorcycle needs the make (Polaris) ATV? and model year and model size specifically to be able to order me a new rectifier regulator unit. I have destroyed numerous ones possibly due to Suzuki's poor design of the GS regulator rectifiers, Thanx Mike

Polaris pt no 4012941
    2012 Polaris rzr 800s Voltage regulator
    Just buy used... in Canada, too....
    https://www.ebay.ca/itm/2012-Polaris...r/353070058066
    ---- Dave
    79 GS850N - Might be a trike soon.
    80 GS850T Single HIF38 S.U. SH775, Tow bar, Pantera II. Gnarly workhorse & daily driver.
    79 XS650SE - Pragmatic Ratter - goes better than a manky old twin should.
    92 XJ900F - Fairly Stock, for now.

Only a dog knows why a motorcyclist sticks his head out of a car window

Comment

Hey Mike. Welcome.
      sigpic
      When consulting the magic 8 ball for advice, one must first ask it "will your answers be accurate?"

Glen
      -85 1150 es - Plus size supermodel.
      -Rusty old scooter.
      Other things I like to photograph.....instagram.com/gs_junkie
      https://www.instagram.com/glen_brenner/
      https://www.flickr.com/photos/152267...7713345317771/

Comment

Well thank you for the Reply. I looked up a few and wondered how to tell if its a Chinese clone copy or? original. Ebay has a variety and one even had the Special mating Electrical Plugs with it. ? Thanx Mike

Comment

That one I linked to - you see the pic of the end face with the factory markings?
          None of the clones get that right, and some / most of the clones have subtle differences in the body casting.
          Several of them come up in Canada from Polaris breakers, just bide your time.
          If you really want to buy a new one, as far as I know the 775 is now deprecated and been replaced / upgraded by the SH-847, still a series reg but larger current capacity.
          ---- Dave
          80 GS850T Single HIF38 S.U. SH775, Tow bar, Pantera II. Gnarly workhorse & daily driver.

Comment

Another thing to beware of is something pretending to be the equivalent of or replacement for the 775 but featuring temperature compensation. This is generally a sign of a shunt unit which may in fact have replaced the 775 on some ATVs.
            97 R1100R
            Previous
            80 GS850G, 79 Z400B, 85 R100RT, 80 Z650D, 76 CB200

Comment

When I bought mine, I found the new pricing not very different between the dealership and EBay. Times may have changed, but I'd go the route of the dealer, so I'd at least have a local recourse if there is an issue.
              '83 GS650G
              '83 GS550es (didn't like the colours in the 80's, but they've grown on me)

Comment

Fortnine.ca web store - pretty sure they have them, free shipping for orders over $49, easy returns. My go to place for parts and gear. Waiting on a seat cover ($50) for mine.
                1980 GS1100E

Comment

Forgot to add, you can specify search for your bike, and they will display parts which are guaranteed to fit.
                  1980 GS1100E

Comment

Originally posted by radek22 View Post
                    Fortnine.ca web store - pretty sure they have them, free shipping for orders over $49, easy returns. My go to place for parts and gear. Waiting on a seat cover ($50) for mine.
                    Very recently made my first purchase with Fortnine. A set of tires.
                    Good pricing, fast shipping.
                    2@ \'78 GS1000

Comment

Originally posted by radek22 View Post
                      They don't have the real McCoy ones in, only a copy.
                      ---- Dave

Comment

Thank you Guys Grimly are these Reg Copies any Good?

Comment

Originally posted by Mike the Mechanic View Post
                          Thank you Guys Grimly are these Reg Copies any Good?
                          I wouldn't buy one.
                          There's no indication of whether they're MOSFET or series.
                          A MOSFET, even a good one, is still a shunt regulator and no good for your stator.
                          I'd stick with either a new (or used) SH-775 or an SH-847 - or even a Compufire.
                          All of which are known to be series regs.
                          Last edited by Grimly; 08-03-2020, 08:34 AM.
                          ---- Dave

Comment

Working...
                          X