Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Gs1100gk

Hi All
    Thanks for accepting me in the group. I purchased a 1982 GS1100GK back in 2008 and barely used it in this time. I had bought it at auction in UK and this was imported from the US.
    I put in a new battery recently put in some fuel and started like it was switched off yesterday. Ticks over like a car. works beautifully. Now I have plucked up courage to start restore it to its former glory. The chrome shines nicely and the aluminium polishes well. What has suffered most is the fairing and side boxes etc. There are breakages and cracks and was wondering if anyone knows if they can be repaired and also what material they are made of.
    Once started I will keep you updated of the progress. By the way I am in Malta Europe and I believe this is the only one on the island.

Hi,Mario! You might be the first ever member from Malta! The bike sounds like a keeper! if you can, post a picture. It gets our glands working

I'm not sure of the material the fairing is made of without knowing the maker....but there are ways to weld and glue plastics. It's very dependent on the exact plastic...but a soldering iron to melt across cracks, acetone or methyl Ethyl Ketone (Mek) to melt chemically and even a GOOD quality epoxy or ABS plastic cement per plumbing (if the fairing is "ABS") are all things to explore...

otherwise, if you haven't already, Go Here for lots of Suzuki help and manuals:
    BikeCliff's Website

Comment

Working...
    X