BOTM photo submissions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

BOTM photo submissions

Hello everyone - has your GS ever been highlighted in our “Bike of the Month” feature? If you are interested in having your bike displayed in the BOTM feature, please submit your photos now for consideration. Click on the “Photo Submissions” link found on the bottom of the BOTM page to view the information needed, and photo-requirements we’re looking for.
    markn
    Last edited by markn; 01-29-2023, 09:02 AM.

Originally posted by storm 64
    Funny thing. When I submitted my motorcycle for "Bike of the Month" back in 2013 it wasn't good enough to make "the cut". And now you're asking for submissions? Isn't it funny how times have changed... And with that, I'm out.
    Norm, this guy "asking" for submissions just joined the forum last summer. Don't think he was involved in any 2013 decisions. In fact, I don't think he as anything to do with the bike of the month, or any forum admin issues at all. Let's wait for Frank to chime in.
    Bob T. ~~ Play the GSR weekly photo game: Pic of Week Game
    '83 GS1100E ~ '24 Triumph Speed 400 ~ '01 TRIUMPH TT600 ~ '67 HONDA CUB

Comment

Mark is listed on the home page as the BOTM editor. Think Bob’s right Norm. Send him some new pics.

https://i.imgur.com/PgwlTXdh.png
      Last edited by Rich82GS750TZ; 01-28-2023, 09:44 PM.
      Rich
      1982 GS 750TZ
      2015 Triumph Tiger 1200

BikeCliff's / Charging System Sorted / Posting Pics
      Destroy-Rebuild 750T/ Destroy-Rebuild part deux

Comment

Thanks Rich...I should have looked deeper. Never saw that page before...

Comment

It’s under the About heading. Look deeper and there’s a nice Bio for each of the admins.
          Rich
          1982 GS 750TZ
          2015 Triumph Tiger 1200

Comment

I say let bygones be bygones. It wasn’t Mark that snubbed you. Give it another go. I may as well. Mine’s not the nicest example, but I’ve seen worse picked as BOTM.
            Rich
            1982 GS 750TZ
            2015 Triumph Tiger 1200

Comment

I have 54K people on my forum. When a model of the month is selected, everyone can see the pictures. Sorry for asking why the back of a scuffed up seat and tank bag where all that was visible. This forum is kind of difficult to navigate. I have 4 moderators also. They all have the same authority and we check with each other about everything, my word being final. If you are going to show a BOTM, show it, have a section for it. It's easy to do with VBulletin software. I don't get it?

Comment

Go to the homepage! You can see the COMPLETE BOTM PICTURE there. You are commenting on a cropped picture. It's right there for everyone to see.

Get it now?
                Last edited by 1978GS750E; 01-29-2023, 08:41 AM.
                Ron
                When I die, just cremate me and put me in my GS tank. That way I can go through these carbs, one more time!
                1978 GS750E - November 2017 BOTM
                1978 GS1000C - May 2021 BOTM
                1982 GS1100E - April 2024 BOTM
                1999 Honda GL1500SE

Comment

Originally posted by storm 64
                  Funny thing. When I submitted my motorcycle for "Bike of the Month" back in 2013 it wasn't good enough to make "the cut". And now you're asking for submissions? Isn't it funny how times have changed... And with that, I'm out.
                  Funny thing. Back in 2013, the GS Resources website experienced a problem (breach) that resulted in lost data, and lost BOTM photo submissions.

If I remember correctly (it was 10 years ago) I read a Forum entry written by someone who was upset that his BOTM was not considered, so I sent several Private Messages to “Storm 64” asking him to re-submit his photos, but I never received a response back from him. I believe I also reached-out to “Storm 64” on the GS Resources Forum….again, this was 10 years ago, so I’m not certain of time frame here.

My deepest apology goes out to “Storm 64” for what happened. I’m hoping “Storm 64” reads this post and re-submits his photos….I will also attempt to reach him once again, via Private Message.

Also, for those who don’t know it, I’ve been with the GS Resources, filling various roles, ever since the first design back in the late 90s. Back then, all member related information and photo work was a manual process for us. The GS Resources Forum software is separate from the GS Resources website software.

Because I don’t log into the GS Forum much these days, I often times get automatically purged from the Forum like everyone else - this requires me to re-join the Forum like everyone else, which is why some folks get the impression that I’m a newbie !
                  markn
                  Last edited by markn; 01-29-2023, 09:57 AM.

Comment

Went there, Home Page BOTM, same pic. As for the rest of the submissions of the other months, no pictures show up there. I use Firefox. I'm just wondering why I can't see any pictures, when I can see all the other pictures on this forum, and post them.

This is the link needed! https://www.thegsresources.com/

https://www.thegsresources.com/_foru...4-january-botm NOTHIING

1978GS750EGet it now!! To pull the sliver out of my eye till you pull the log out of your own.

To the BOTM EDITOR, If you don't want to do the job, resign from it. This forum is run really bad. It's a shame too. 60% of the people here are excellent. That's probably why it's dying. Sheeeze

Take a look at that list of the months and how many people say they cannot see any motorcycles. It's not me, it's you.

Comment

Originally posted by Suzukian View Post
                      Went there, Home Page BOTM, same pic. As for the rest of the submissions of the other months, no pictures show up there. I use Firefox. I'm just wondering why I can't see any pictures, when I can see all the other pictures on this forum, and post them.
                      Yes they are -> Click the link under the BOTM photo "BOTM Gallery"
                      All the past ones are there also https://www.thegsresources.com/botmgallery.php

1978GS750EGet it now!! To pull the sliver out of my eye till you pull the log out of your own.

To the BOTM EDITOR, If you don't want to do the job, resign from it. This forum is run really bad. It's a shame too. 60% of the people here are excellent. That's probably why it's dying. Sheeeze

Take a look at that list of the months and how many people say they cannot see any motorcycles. It's not me, it's you.
                      Pretty sure it is you....Sorry.

Comment

Where did you get the idea that I don’t want to “do the job” anymore? !…if anyone has an issue not being able to view photos, their concerns should be sent to Frank Perrault, he’s the webmaster. If you take the time to contact Frank, ask him about Firefox compatibility.

Comment

You constantly degrade the people running this forum, while also constantly informing all of us about ALL the outstanding things you do. Geez! Why are you here?

Ron
                          When I die, just cremate me and put me in my GS tank. That way I can go through these carbs, one more time!
                          1978 GS750E - November 2017 BOTM
                          1978 GS1000C - May 2021 BOTM
                          1982 GS1100E - April 2024 BOTM
                          1999 Honda GL1500SE

Comment

I'm not sure how the BOTM works, I'd thought there would be several submissions and one was picked for that month, Could be many different reasons for the pick, this month's BOTM sure isn't a show winner, but is BOTM winner. and I appreciate the bike for what it is. Unlike a bike show where the prettiest, cleanest, most orig. showroom bike usually wins. Shoot I like see'in all of them, whether the nicest, prettiest, cleanest (as I'm sure storm 64's would be) or not.... Keep it up, I love it.
                            1983 GS1100E, 1983 CB1100F, 1991 GSX1100G, 1996 Kaw. ZL600 Eliminator, 1999 Bandit 1200S, 2005 Bandit 1200S, 2000 Kaw. ZRX 1100

Comment

Originally posted by 1978GS750E View Post

You constantly degrade the people running this forum, while also constantly informing all of us about ALL the outstanding things you do. Geez! Why are you here?
                              I don't degrade anybody My inbox and private messages are full of Thanks You's from people I helped. You gave a snarky reply and it was WRONG. So why are you here. You are not a Moderator, why are you addressing me at all in any kind of capacity when all you have done is provide the wrong links to a page of BOTM's that do not have pictures for those bikes .

Did you go see for yourself. I asked a simple question that has not been answered, I cannot see the bikes for most of the months, and can see every other picture and submit any picture onto this forum.

The BOTM editor says here rarely checks in and bothers with this, then why is he still the BOTM editor? That's not degrading, that's a legitimate question. If you don't feel these are legitimate issues, you have become part of the problem. Why are you here? I haven't read a thread where you helped anyone on here. What is it that you have to offer? I manage a forum far larger than this, and it is growing exponentially.

Why is it that you are here? Are you the forum's apologists? Do you understand English well enough to give a cohesive response? So far the links you provided to me were WRONG. I provided the right one.

Read the thread just before mine, # 14, jump down his throat. He's asking the same thing I asked. You should not project you heartfelt irrelevancy. Just zip it.

Comment

Working...
                              X