August 2023 BOTM

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

August 2023 BOTM

Thank you TGSR for selecting my GS1000G as BOTM for August 2023! It is truly an honour for me because my GS850G was also BOTM in April 2009. Best motorcycling wishes to you all from South Africa!
    1981 GS850G "Blue Magic" (Bike Of The Month April 2009)

1981 GS1000G "Leo" (Bike Of The Month August 2023)

Congratulations. It's a beautiful ride and well deserving of the honor. I've always liked you bike and the color combo is great.
    sigpic
    When consulting the magic 8 ball for advice, one must first ask it "will your answers be accurate?"

Glen
    -85 1150 es - Plus size supermodel.
    -Rusty old scooter.
    Other things I like to photograph.....instagram.com/gs_junkie
    https://www.instagram.com/glen_brenner/
    https://www.flickr.com/photos/152267...7713345317771/

Comment

Love seeing those spiffy colors that were never offered over here. Best I remember all we got was drab black, maroon, brown, dark blue with very un-noticeable pin stripes, nothing near as sporty as yours. Congrats, really enjoy seeing it.
      1983 GS1100E, 1983 CB1100F, 1991 GSX1100G, 1996 Kaw. ZL600 Eliminator, 1999 Bandit 1200S, 2005 Bandit 1200S, 2000 Kaw. ZRX 1100

Comment

Originally posted by dorkburger View Post
        Congratulations. It's a beautiful ride and well deserving of the honor. I've always liked you bike and the color combo is great.
        Thank you for the kind words, Glen. There is an interesting story behind this bike's colour scheme. As mentioned in the BOTM description, my oldest brother from whom I bought the bike a few years ago, worked in the spares department of a Datsun dealership that was also a Suzuki motorcycle dealership. He bought the Vetter Windjammer fairing that was already painted in the silver/blue colours that was on display at the Suzuki importer. The colours matched the colour scheme of the 850's that were imported to South Africa, but the 1000G's colour was a dark metallic grey. My brother then swopped out the body parts of his new 1000G with those of a new 850G on the showroom floor, and that is how I now have 850G/1000G "twins" in the same colour scheme!

Comment

Originally posted by rphillips View Post
          Love seeing those spiffy colors that were never offered over here. Best I remember all we got was drab black, maroon, brown, dark blue with very un-noticeable pin stripes, nothing near as sporty as yours. Congrats, really enjoy seeing it.
          Thank you for the kind words! There is an interesting story behind this bike's colour scheme. As mentioned in the BOTM description, my oldest brother from whom I bought the bike a few years ago, worked in the spares department of a Datsun dealership that was also a Suzuki motorcycle dealership. He bought the Vetter Windjammer fairing that was already painted in the silver/blue colours that was on display at the Suzuki importer. The colours matched the colour scheme of the 850's that were imported to South Africa, but the 1000G's colour was a dark metallic grey. My brother then swopped out the body parts of his new 1000G with those of a new 850G on the showroom floor, and that is how I now have 850G/1000G "twins" in the same colour scheme!

Comment

Beautiful machine. 2B, your description / write up regarding your beautiful GS makes it come alive....Thank you for sharing your GS and the associated history.

Comment

Originally posted by Grand Rouge View Post
              Beautiful machine. 2B, your description / write up regarding your beautiful GS makes it come alive....Thank you for sharing your GS and the associated history.
              Thank you Grand Rouge, I appreciate your comments. As mentioned in my write-up, my oldest brother was the "influencer" resulting in us 3 brothers all purchasing new GS's in 1981. Here is our Suzuki Family Photo!

https://i.imgur.com/FCW5j8G.jpg

Comment

Originally posted by 2BRacing View Post

Thank you Grand Rouge, I appreciate your comments. As mentioned in my write-up, my oldest brother was the "influencer" resulting in us 3 brothers all purchasing new GS's in 1981. Here is our Suzuki Family Photo!

https://i.imgur.com/FCW5j8G.jpg
                Very cool!
                Bob T. ~~ Play the GSR weekly photo game: Pic of Week Game
                '83 GS1100E ~ '24 Triumph Speed 400 ~ '01 TRIUMPH TT600 ~ '67 HONDA CUB

Comment

2BRacing, great photo. The mountains in the background, trees, Ocean close by?

The three different fairngs.....it all fits together....you brothers, the machines....and the location. Huge thumbs up.

I am 76. I purchased my 83 GS new in October 83. Sold my 81 1100E a few weeks before. Again, thank you for sharing.

(my GS was BOM March 2021)
                  Last edited by Grand Rouge; 08-03-2023, 01:23 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Grand Rouge View Post
                    2BRacing, great photo. The mountains in the background, trees, Ocean close by?

The three different fairngs.....it all fits together....you brothers, the machines....and the location. Huge thumbs up.

I am 76. I purchased my 83 GS new in October 83. Sold my 81 1100E a few weeks before. Again, thank you for sharing.

(my GS was BOM March 2021)
                    That "Suzuki Family Photo" was taken about 4 years ago when I lived in Wellington, near Cape Town, South Africa. The majestic mountain range borders a fertile valley known for growing grapes and wine-making. The ocean is about 80 km away from this town. I have recently relocated to Onrus, which is only about 2 km away from the ocean, but the mountain views are not so spectacular!

Your red 1100E is a magnificent machine! And as they say, red is the fastest colour!

Comment

Great looking bike! The silver Vetter with the accents and the lowers is period correct and stunning.
                      78' GS1000EC
                      79' GS850GN
                      79' GS1000N
                      79' GS1000EN
                      81' GS1100EX

Comment

Originally posted by GS1000S View Post
                        Great looking bike! The silver Vetter with the accents and the lowers is period correct and stunning.
                        Thank you! See my explanation in post number 5 regarding the colour scheme of the GS1000G.

Comment

Working...
                        X