No announcement yet.

Names for our machines.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ok mine is really creative, hold on, it's gonna amaze ya.....wait.....wait.... ok it's..... are you ready for this?...... SUZI. Damn the creativity is flyin'!!

Comment

my bikes both have names, the first one being kind of an interesting story.

i worked for S&S Cycle last summer, who makes performance parts for Harley Davidson. i'd pull up to work in the Suzuki and park it between the hogs. I was working on it one day after work in the shop and one of the tech support guys, who was creative at naming things, was looking over my bike. It 'looks' good, but mechanically it looks like its been through a lot. he started calling it Roadkill. since all HD bikes start with the naming system FX...he shorted Roadkill to FX-RK.

so when i got the new bike, even though its in better shape, i automatically named it Roadkill II or Harley Davidson FX-RK II. it might eventually earn itself a new name, besides The Moneypit.

off the bike subject my girlfriend keeps trying to name my car, a slightly modified 2-door Ford Crown Victoria. i've never named it...because i can't and really dont think i want to. She wants to call it Eleanor. :roll:

~Adam

Comment

Girls seem to always name cars. A friend even went so far as to name my Buick Centurion Natalie. Who am I to argue? My wife has had names for all of her cars.

Comment

Originally posted by JJ
          My nephew (FOMOGO on here) has named my GS1100GKZ "Suzibago". I kinda' like it (the name, that is... I LOVE the GK!)
          I'm rather proud of that name.
          I call mine either "The GS" or that *&^#$*!@%& piece of (*#(^($^&^$#@
          When it refuses to start for no damned reason...

Jim

Comment

up till yesterday afternoon ... my bike was labelled "that orange p.o.s. takin space to keep my car outta the garage"

now it doenst have a name. but if i had to name it i'd name it OJ. Hes innocent i tell you! :x

Comment

MONEY PIT

Comment

The most appropriate name for my bike would be Heath.

As in Heath Kit, not Heath Barkley. Though I guess I could go with Heath Barkley as well -- isn't he the one that went on to become the 6 Million Dollar Man? Some old parts, some new parts.

I purchased a bike that was assembled and turned it into a kit.

I hope the young folks will forgive my references to thing old.

Comment

Steve Austin? He was played by Lee Majors. You know, the guy from Big Valley?

Comment

Amazing, you guys only have one name for your bike. I have lots of names for mine it just depends on whether I'm riding it, talking about it, or working on it (this is when I have the most names for it.

Mike

Comment

Heh heh, I know what you mean. I usually just refer to the 750 as The Seven and the 1150 as The Eleven, but (this is almost embarrassing) to my wife, I call them Little Bit and the Teddy Bear. :-) :-)

Earl

Originally posted by mdole
                      Amazing, you guys only have one name for your bike. I have lots of names for mine it just depends on whether I'm riding it, talking about it, or working on it (this is when I have the most names for it.

Mike
                      All the robots copy robots.

Komorebi-The light filtering through the trees.

You are free to choose, but you are not free from the consequences of your choices.

Comment

Guess I just don't name machinery... my bike's called th'bike or more specifically, th'GS. :roll:

Now once I get that litre GSXR in the home garage, I might start calling it 'MY GIXXER' :twisted:

Robben

Comment

Originally posted by Hotblack
                          Steve Austin? He was played by Lee Majors. You know, the guy from Big Valley?
                          And "The Fall Guy". 8)
                          Kevin
                          E-Bay: gsmcyclenut
                          "Communism doesn't work because people like to own stuff." Frank Zappa

1978 GS750(x2 "projects"), 1983 GS1100ED (slowly becoming a parts bike), 1982 GS1100EZ,
                          Now joined the 21st century, 2013 Yamaha XTZ1200 Super Tenere.

Comment

...My 850GL is still "My bike" or "The Suzuki". But "Bulletproof" has been used too. Wife has a cute one for her Vulcan 500 though, on it's first run the carbs went south when we gained altitude over a pass (go figure). We tried everything possible but what finally worked was soaking the float needles in cheap Vodka (they are made with little rubber tips on 'em). Hearing how many times we rebuilt the carbs, my wife Deb (who was'nt able to go on the ride) named her "Goldilocks" based on our account of how "this time the floats are too high" and "this time they are too low". Goldilocks did like the cheap drinks, tho- and she still prefers Ethanol to this day. Even after she was fed new float needles.

Comment

That's a mighty fine question - maybe you all can help me

It never occured to me to name all my bikes until one day I was talking about one of them, and the person I was talking to said: The KZ-400? Is that the black one? The yellow one? The red one?

It was the red one and there after it was called: RedBike. And so of course all the rest began to be called by their colors. RedBike, BlackBike, etc. This was a little confusing as at one timer there were several black ones, but I sold them and so solved that issue.

I do have an exception bike - which is a KZ-1000 that had a large drunken rabbit air brushed onto the gas tank and was subsequently dubbed as: Rabbitbike. <g>

However - I have a 1983 GS-850GL that has a naming problem - it is sort of a two-toned black and maroon color with a little gold pinstripe.

As the color resulting name does not exactly roll off the tongue, what do you all suggest?

BTW: The GS-850 paint is way to nice to mess with. <g>

PHM

Comment

How about "twotone" or "tongue"? I know, I know, that's too easy. Hey... that might be it... "tooeasy"? Oh well, I tried

Comment

Working...
                                X