How is this for pretty neat??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How is this for pretty neat??

Bought a rear tire for Suz the other day online. Got it right in. I went down to the local m/c speed shop and asked about bringing the wheel and new tire in for install and balance.
    While I was shooting the bull, I noticed they had an older copier on the floor, just like I worked on last year.
    I told the owner I would get it working for him and would drop the tire off.
    Well it only took me about an hour of cleaning the copier to get excellent copies.
    Took it back the next day and he installed the tire, balanced and put a new tube in.
    Worked out to where he got his copier back working and I got my work done FREE :twisted: :twisted:
    Who said the barter system is dead 8O
    The work I did on the copier was simple and kind of fun so I think I did pretty good in the end :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:
    Cost out of my pocket $0
    Doug aka crag antler

83GS1100E, gone
    2000 Kawasaki Concours
    Please wear ATGATT

Yeah that's cool for sure

This is the system that always worked in the past before our current economy.

It is always neet to see it in action

Glad it worked out for you man!

Comment

With as much as Repairmen for office supplies cost, you both probably came out ahead. Pretty sweet

Comment

Cool!

Comment

Good deal Doug 8)

Comment

Proof that Basic Economic Theory (Supply and Demand) works. You provided a service he needed but couldn't do himself and he did the same for you, at a price suitable to both parties. 8)
            sigpic2002 KLR650 Ugly but fun!
            2001 KLR650 too pretty to get dirty

Life is a balancing act, enjoy every day, "later" will come sooner than you think. Denying yourself joy now betting you will have health and money to enjoy life later is a bad bet.

Where I've been Riding

Comment

Originally posted by marvinsc
              Proof that Basic Economic Theory (Supply and Demand) works. You provided a service he needed but couldn't do himself and he did the same for you, at a price suitable to both parties. 8)
              And the best part is the Taxman got Zilch

Comment

8) 8) 8)
                sigpic2002 KLR650 Ugly but fun!
                2001 KLR650 too pretty to get dirty

Life is a balancing act, enjoy every day, "later" will come sooner than you think. Denying yourself joy now betting you will have health and money to enjoy life later is a bad bet.

Where I've been Riding

Comment

Re: How is this for pretty neat??

Originally posted by crag antler
                  Cost out of my pocket $0
                  Making friends and influencing people: PRICELESS!

Comment

Working...
                  X