Wife goes for ceramic coating

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Wife goes for ceramic coating

The other day on our weekly trip into town to get food and supplies, I'm driving by the local racing shop (dirt track racing is huge in this part of the world). Just casually I said to my wife, "Sure would be nice to ceramic coat my new exhaust headers". She said, "How much would that cost?" "Oh, in the nieghborhood of two hundred dollars plus" I said.

"I think that's a great idea" she said.

Now that's a story that no one will believe!

Run to the coaters right now!

Don't give her time to change her mind!!!

Comment

Be careful Mark. She may have heard something totally different like "I'll buy you two hundred dollars worth of new ceramics and a coat if you let me get a new header"

Comment

Yahoooo! Either way we'll be howlin'

Comment

My pipes are ceramic coated. You'll love it.
          Currently bikeless
          '81 GS 1100EX - "Peace, by superior fire power."
          '06 FZ1000 - "What we are dealing with here, is a COMPLETE lack of respect for the law."

I ride, therefore I am.... constantly buying new tires.

"Tell me what kind of an accident you are going to have, and I will tell you which helmet to wear." - Harry Hurt

Comment

Originally posted by Hoomgar
            Be careful Mark. She may have heard something totally different like "I'll buy you two hundred dollars worth of new ceramics and a coat if you let me get a new header"

Uhh, a different thought came to my mind. :roll: :twisted:

Comment

So, apparently, there are a few good women out there then eh?

or she wants something that costs, oh, round about a couple hundred dollars lol.

Comment

With the title of this thread, I have continuously wrestled with myself about making a reply. It appears no one is gong to take the shot and I can stand it no longer.

My kudos to you Mark. I dont know how you did it. I have tried and tried to get the wife ceramic coated and she just isnt going to go for it. I guess it will have to be the el cheapo anti weathering protection again this year. I'll be having her tarred and feathered as soon as she returns from the hairdresser.

Earl :-)
                All the robots copy robots.

Komorebi-The light filtering through the trees.

You are free to choose, but you are not free from the consequences of your choices.

Comment

Hey it wasn't difficult at all. All I had to do was tell her that when something is ceramic coated it stays hot longer.

Comment

Hmmmm, I'll have to try that line. :-) :-)

Earl

Originally posted by mark
                    Hey it wasn't difficult at all. All I had to do was tell her that when something is ceramic coated it stays hot longer.
                    All the robots copy robots.

Komorebi-The light filtering through the trees.

You are free to choose, but you are not free from the consequences of your choices.

Comment

Originally posted by mark
                      By any chance, did you happen to mention to your dear wife that being hot is a consequence of passing large quantities of gas?

BB

Comment

Working...
                      X