RI to Mt Washington 6288 FT

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

RI to Mt Washington 6288 FT

Went on an amazing ride this weekend. 5 of us left on Saturday morning from Coventry RI at 7AM. After an hour ride through the north west side of RI and a stop at the diner for breakfast we continued our ride north through MA and eventualy got onto route 125 in haverall MA. Route 125 was a pleasure through towns that only exist in the north east. Eventually we joined up with Route 16 which became our primary road for the rest of the trip north. We went up north into the white mountains. The scenary was the subject of many postcards. We were able to spot a moose by the side of the road!!!

When we entered Conway NH one of the 5 guys had trailer his bike and we stopped so he could get out of his cage. We then went up into the National Park and headed through even more beautiful scenery. Great rolling hills and gentle corners brought us to the start of the drive up the Mt Washington Auto Road.

$10 and our trip up began. I am sure many have done this drive, for those that haven't this is ta must in your motorcycle adventure. Dropoffs on both sides and no guardrails required concentration and caution. The turn offs to view the Moutains at various elevations was a delight. We reaced the summit and were taken away by the time to reflect on what we had just driven up.

We made our way down which produced yet more opportunites to view and wonder. Our night was spent in a campground where, as the chef, I must say that the steak and potatoes where a great dinner. However the bacon/sausage/potatoe/pepper/onion/egg/cheese combination for breakfast was a delight!!!!!

Our ride home was much the same as described.

509 Miles - 1983 GS 850 G - Never a hiccup, never a flinch, never a cough[/url]

The Auto Raod to the top of Mount Washington is impressive.
    Have they paved it all the way up yet?? 8O
    When I was there last year they were doing road construction toward the summit.

You going to try for our Moosehead ride 8O 8) 8)
    Doug aka crag antler

83GS1100E, gone
    2000 Kawasaki Concours
    Please wear ATGATT

Comment

Beautiful ride.
      125 is an ok road, once you're out of Haverhill.
      Try 109 next time. Runs parallel to 125 and has all new pavement.
      And lots less traffic......
      I'm about 5 miles away, next time, let me know, I ride that way
      lots of weekends.

What was the temp on top of Mt.Washington?
      Keith
      -------------------------------------------
      1980 GS1000S, blue and white
      2015Triumph Trophy SE

Ever notice you never see a motorcycle parked in front of a psychiatrist office?

Comment

thanks for the tip on RT 109.

The Auto Road is still dirt for about half of the drive. It is packed pretty hard though so it was pleasant to ride.

Tell me more about the Moose Head Ride.

Comment

Forgot....61 degrees at the top of the mountain....almost 90 at the bottom!

Comment

Here's the link to the moosehead ride.
            I'm still up in the air about making it...work......
            BUT I had a blast last year!!

Keith
            -------------------------------------------
            1980 GS1000S, blue and white
            2015Triumph Trophy SE

Ever notice you never see a motorcycle parked in front of a psychiatrist office?

Comment

6300 FT

The elevation is 6300 FT

Check out there website.

Learn more and book online with live availability

Comment

Working...
              X