Lucked Out on aDeer Collision!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Lucked Out on aDeer Collision!!!

Well i have a good storie, it was quite awhile ago, but here you go. It was my first bike I had owned or ridden ever, a honda cb750 '81. Picked it up for a steal from a guy whos wife disagreed with bikes i guess. Poor guy he looked like he was going to cry when I rode off. Anyway. I had it for about 8 monthes and I was crusin at dusk getting some air on a back road with some curves for fun. So these deer are crossing the road one had, and two were about to cress. I couldn't stop in time, now way the ground had some of that dew that lifts all the oil off the road and makes it nice and slick, so I take of the gas a bit and swerve to the other side to miss the deer, honking. I guess the honking invited the deer to not only cross in front of me, but actually try to leap in front of me. So I gun it and try to make it past only to have the deer land on my front ferring. I admit it I closed my eyes and held on. The deer ended up getting her hind legs cought under the rear tire or something and fliped over back to the side it was crossing from and in the ditch. I wobbled and finally regained balance in time to stop for the curve of the road and a guard rail. I was totally in shock. My windsheild was broken, fender, turn signal, and front fork bent a bit, but still able to ride home. The deer was a mess, and I got some real bad bruises on my ribs from the deers legs. When she jumped, she landed exactly in the middle on top the ferring and both her legs bounced up an hit me under my arms, then she slid off and caught her hind legs in the tire or something. Some of the deer cooked on my air cooled engine and it was real smelly on the ride home, and took a long time to clean off. I threw the jacket away! Lucky me!
    Two Mo. later my freind was learning to ride on my bike and he almost lost his leg below the knee running into a speeding car. I think keeping the bike would have been bad luck or something. Sold it for 200 bucks and an SKS, helmet included...4 years later, just started ridding again, wish me luck!

KEEP THE RUBBER SIDE DOWN!

Man, I hope I never hit anything that big. 8O Someone here had a run in with a moose and a bear, I believe. :?

Comment

Glad your riding again. Glad to hear from someone in Seattle too, that's my hometown. I lived in Richmond Beach which is now called, "Shoreline" or somthing like that. Go Huskies! :roll:

Comment

Working...
      X