Pre-fall colors ride

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Pre-fall colors ride

I got out today for a nice little 100 miler in the high country. Up Lefthand Canyon, down to Nederland for coffee, a quick side trip up to the ski resort, then down Coal Creek Canyon and back home on back roads.

Aspens are just starting to turn and the high country is looking spectacular. Fall colors should be at their best in another week or two. We should do our our GSR Fall Colors ride soon!

The day's casualties included the usual Hardleys and slow cars, and also an R1 of all things. The guy did NOT know how to ride that bike! He looked seriously lame in the corners. Maybe it's his first bike, just a nice little starter until he can save up for a Harley :roll:

Anyway, was a nice afternoon!

Debby
    1979 GS1000N
    2019 Kaw Z900RS
    plus a few more

Re: Pre-fall colors ride

Originally posted by debby
    ....day's casualties included the usual Hardleys and slow cars, and also an R1 of all things. The guy did NOT know how to ride that bike! He looked seriously lame in the corners. Maybe it's his first bike, just a nice little starter until he can save up for a Harley :roll:

Anyway, was a nice afternoon!

Debby
    Best that the guy not try to keep up with you on your GS then, Debby, whether he's on an R1, or not!

BTW, I think my wife and I will be heading up to Trail Ridge on the GS750 tomorrow before the weather shuts down the road for the season.

BB

Comment

Re: Pre-fall colors ride

Originally posted by Bolder Biker
      BTW, I think my wife and I will be heading up to Trail Ridge on the GS750 tomorrow before the weather shuts down the road for the season.

BB
      Well my wife and I got as far as the entrance to the Rocky Mountain National Park.......but the entrance fee is now $10 per person! 8O We thought that $20 was a bit pricey for a short ride up to the continental divide and back so we headed over to Allenspark, the Peak-to-Peak and Nederland, before bimbling down Boulder Canyon to home. The aspens look great, and should be at their peak colors over the next 2 weeks or so. I am hoping that my wife awards me a medal for restrained riding for almost 110 miles, thus allowing her to take in the scenery in a civilized fshion.

BB

Comment

Glad you had a nice ride! I'm sure it's beautiful!
        I'm there in spirit.
        And on the seventh day,after resting from all that he had done,God went for a ride on his GS!
        Upon seeing that it was good, he went out again on his ZX14! But just a little bit faster!

Comment

Sounds like a good time to me

Glad you had the time Debby!

Comment

$10 a person!! highway robbery!! it's only something like $15 for a vehicle with twenty people~

glad youses are getting some good rides in, I got to ride ned on the mtn bike a couple weeks ago, headed to the monarch crest trail this weekend, should be gorgeous, barring any heavy snowfalls... :roll:

Comment

Working...
            X