Horseshoes Up My Butt

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Horseshoes Up My Butt

Earlier today I went to a small toy run (35 bikes) on one of the Gulf Islands (Salt Spring). Coming back off of the ferry with a friend we were buzzing down the highway. Oh no, COP! 8O Throttle off! Sure as $hit, rollers are on. %&#!!!! Ok, so both of us are pulled over. Cop, "I had the radar on you guys twice, and clocked you both at 109km/hr, you didn't even try to slow down. Didn't you see me?" I muttered something about being a nice day, and it felt like a comfortable speed. I didn't DARE tell him I was going faster! My friend told me later she had braked! Cop, "I'm sure it felt comfortable, but the speed limit is 80 km/hr, and you were doing 109! I'm going to let you off with a warning, slow down!" Somehow I got the feeling he rode a bike, and asked him if he did. Sure enough, he did. He's got a Volusia!

I think we had a few things going for us. We are "mature" riders, I was on my 1100, and she was riding a BMW cruiser, we riding in the slow lane, our speed was constant, it was a BEAUTIFUL day, there were two of us, one was female, and the cop rides a bike too. I think if we had been two twenty something guys wearing full leather race suits riding bendover bikes we would have been toast!

I've NEVER heard of anybody getting a warning for 29 km over! Yup, must be horseshoes. I clink when I walk!
    Kevin
    E-Bay: gsmcyclenut
    "Communism doesn't work because people like to own stuff." Frank Zappa

1978 GS750(x2 "projects"), 1983 GS1100ED (slowly becoming a parts bike), 1982 GS1100EZ,
    Now joined the 21st century, 2013 Yamaha XTZ1200 Super Tenere.

Congrats on the Good Fortune! I don't exactly have the conversion nailed down but it sounds like you "Might" have been Speeding! :P
    sigpic2002 KLR650 Ugly but fun!
    2001 KLR650 too pretty to get dirty

Life is a balancing act, enjoy every day, "later" will come sooner than you think. Denying yourself joy now betting you will have health and money to enjoy life later is a bad bet.

Where I've been Riding

Comment

80 km/hr = 49.709695 mph
      109 km/hr = 67.72946 mph
      8)
      Kevin

1978 GS750(x2 "projects"), 1983 GS1100ED (slowly becoming a parts bike), 1982 GS1100EZ,

Comment

Well Then, No wonder He cut you a Break, You were Only Exceeding the Speed Limit by 35%. That doesn't sound So Bad does it?
        sigpic2002 KLR650 Ugly but fun!
        2001 KLR650 too pretty to get dirty

Life is a balancing act, enjoy every day, "later" will come sooner than you think. Denying yourself joy now betting you will have health and money to enjoy life later is a bad bet.

Where I've been Riding

Comment

good going mate

Comment

Earlier this year I got pulled over for 65 in a 45. Got a warning too! I was amazed at that.

One time in my earlier years I got stopped passing a transit bus in a no passing lane, going 30 over the limit, at 2am on a rainy night. I got a warning then too! Now that was a miracle.
            Currently bikeless
            '81 GS 1100EX - "Peace, by superior fire power."
            '06 FZ1000 - "What we are dealing with here, is a COMPLETE lack of respect for the law."

I ride, therefore I am.... constantly buying new tires.

"Tell me what kind of an accident you are going to have, and I will tell you which helmet to wear." - Harry Hurt

Comment

I must have no luck... I buzzed by a cop (state trooper no less) doing 52 in a 35.... Had to take the ticket and take the class 130$ later... it's not on my record but damn that 4 hours and 130$ I coulda used on the bike...

Comment

I found a nice conversion page. It seems 109kmh = a blistering 67.7 mph

Comment

Ive been overlooked now a few times for exceeding the speed limit, last week going home for lunch, was going 80 mph in a 55 zone, saw a sherriff in my rearview, when I slowed to 60 he jumped behind me and ran my plate, a mile or two later he pulled off.

Im gonna use the inaccurate speedo line when I do get stopped though...

Comment

I just mailed out a payment yesterday to NC :roll:

135.00 for 60 in a 55

They reduced the speed so it wont get reported to my insurance company but the court costs went up 10 bucks.

Comment

Originally posted by Hoomgar

135.00 for 60 in a 55

They reduced the speed so it wont get reported to my insurance company but the court costs went up 10 bucks.

Mmmm....so what was the real speed

Comment

Originally posted by beby99

135.00 for 60 in a 55

Mmmm....so what was the real speed
                        Oh, um, guys? 8-[

I know I had 115 on my speedo when everyone slowed up all of a sudden because he passed us the other way but I was "catching up" at the time. He wrote the four of us for 75 in a 55. Like I say, I got the speed reduced but not the fine :roll:

Comment

135.00 for 60 in a 55

Sorry to hear that. That's really being a pr@#k for giving you a ticket like that. :?
                          Kevin

Comment

Had to put my thinking cap on I've had two tickets on the MC & one warning .... 50mph in a 25mph zone, riding in the diamond lane --- should have just keep going on that one, last I had a CHP yell at me over his loud speaker to slowdown 85mph+ in 65mph saving grace was that it was 4am
                            Those were over 20 years ago

Comment

Working...
                            X