A Nice Fall Ride(Now with Pics)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

A Nice Fall Ride(Now with Pics)

We have had Frost in the Mornings almost all Week. On top of that I have been having some Starting/stay running issues with the Old 850 so I hadn't Ridden this Week. It was cool this morning but was Sunny and Warming up by this afternoon. After helping the Wife with a few Honey Do's She laid down for a nap and I decided to go for a Ride. I have decided that the Start/keep running situation is likely Electrical in Nature (as in GS's have a marginal charging system and I probably have a Marginal Battery). I geared up and Gave Her some Choke and She Fired right up, so I headed into Town to pick up something I had Forgotten Earlier in the Day.
    After that I thought "Now Where To?" It was Sunny, about 64*F with a light Breeze, and Since Kentucky Lake is a Few miles East of town, I headed East! There is a Public Use area called Wildcat Creek about 10 Miles from Town down a Road with A FEW nice curves so that's where I headed. It was Cool enough that the Technic Leather Jacket felt pretty good except for some irritation under the chin fron the Velcro neck Closure. I read somewhere that Neck Warmers are a nice Cold Weather accessory and I think that would fix the Valcro thing so I think I need to get one.

Now, Back to the Ride!, During the Tourist Season the 2 Lane road to Wildcat is Clogged with Vehicles hauling Boats, Campers, Jet Skis and LOTS of other Recreational Stuff But Not Today! Very Light Traffic on a Really Nice Fall Day. The Leaves are Turning Here Now, The Brillient Reds and Yellows of Maples as well as assorted Hardwoods Really added to the View. As I approached the Park on an Even Narrower Road I slowed down to Check out the Foliage as well as some Really Outstanding Halloween Decorations some Folks had Out. Once in the Park, 20mph Speed Limit Reinforced by Speed Bumps every Quarter Mile or So Slowed Me down enough to do some Reflecting. I had Spent Many Hours at the Sandy Beach at Wildcat during My Teenage Years. My Old 68 Charger Knew that Road By Heart! I topped a Hill and There IT WAS! a Panaramic View of the Lake Surrounded by the Spectacular Scene of Changing Leaves! I'm GLAD I Went!

sigpic2002 KLR650 Ugly but fun!
    2001 KLR650 too pretty to get dirty

Life is a balancing act, enjoy every day, "later" will come sooner than you think. Denying yourself joy now betting you will have health and money to enjoy life later is a bad bet.

Where I've been Riding

Sounds nice, here the Aspens higher up have lost a lot of their leaves so they aren't that spectacular but the Cottonwoods lower down in the valley are just reaching their golden color mixed with reds from the Virginia Creeper and various colors from the brush and bushes.

Comment

Jammin

Comment

Mid Week Highs are supposed to be in the 70's. I'm Thinking I might get in a few more Rides this Week!

Life is a balancing act, enjoy every day, "later" will come sooner than you think. Denying yourself joy now betting you will have health and money to enjoy life later is a bad bet.

Where I've been Riding

Comment

Take the camera and share some of nature's beauty with us...

Comment

Originally posted by ChuckB
            Take the camera and share some of nature's beauty with us...
            Request Granted!

Where I've been Riding

Comment

Ahhh. So nice and peaceful looking. Nice bike too. Thanks for sharing.
              And on the seventh day,after resting from all that he had done,God went for a ride on his GS!
              Upon seeing that it was good, he went out again on his ZX14! But just a little bit faster!

Comment

Working...
              X