Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

My last ride

.........of the season.

I had a great fall ride today with some of my old riding buddies and their sons. It was just a short, relaxed ride but as we were riding along one of our favourite twisty roads following Bob on his Triumph T160 I watched the yellow aspen leaves floating in his wake. I realized that we had been riding together now for over 25 years. It made me realize what I large part of my life motorcycles and the people that ride them really are and that I?ve been fortunate to have been able to ride every year for the last 37 years. Although I?ve put on many miles over the years, some really long days in the saddle and far too many miles at speeds bordering insanity, it was great to just get out with some old friends and go for putt. I just hope everyone here on the GSR enjoys this sport as much as I do. The bikes in the photo are ?87 FZR1000, KLR650, ?71 CB750-K1, my ?79 GS1000 and a ?75? Triumph T160.

'84 GS750EF (Oct 2015 BOM) '79 GS1000N (June 2007 BOM) My Flickr site http://www.flickr.com/photos/soates50/

8) 8) 8)
    sigpic2002 KLR650 Ugly but fun!
    2001 KLR650 too pretty to get dirty

Life is a balancing act, enjoy every day, "later" will come sooner than you think. Denying yourself joy now betting you will have health and money to enjoy life later is a bad bet.

Where I've been Riding

Comment

Thanks for sharing....your pictures and your reflections. I know exactly what you are saying as I am sure many others here do also.
      Believe in truth. To abandon fact is to abandon freedom.

Nature bats last.

80 GS850G / 2010 Yamaha Majesty / 81 GS850G

Comment

Glad the words "my last ride" weren't what I first thought they meant. I thought it was related to your crash and I was like...awwww man.
        Anyway, I second Don's words exactly.
        And on the seventh day,after resting from all that he had done,God went for a ride on his GS!
        Upon seeing that it was good, he went out again on his ZX14! But just a little bit faster!

Comment

Nice post and I share you're sentiment and experience.

Comment

Rock on Sandy 8)

Comment

I suppose this addiction fuel this site and this site fuels our addiction. The willingness of those to share their knowledge and comensuate with our problems also make it so great to share with this exceptional motorcycle community. Thank to all of you that have helped me this summer with various problems. Ride on and share your photos of trips and adventures.

Comment

Originally posted by KEITH KRAUSE
                Glad the words "my last ride" weren't what I first thought they meant. I thought it was related to your crash and I was like...awwww man.
                Anyway, I second Don's words exactly.
                Sort of the reaction I expected with my title line. Sorry, but it was fun. Anyway it'll take more than that to get me off a motorcycle or should I say stop riding. Getting, splitting and stacking the usual six cords of firewood over the last month is pretty good for getting my old arms and shoulders working again.
                '84 GS750EF (Oct 2015 BOM) '79 GS1000N (June 2007 BOM) My Flickr site http://www.flickr.com/photos/soates50/

Comment

Working...
                X