Made me chuckle

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Made me chuckle

Platt and I were out for a ride yesterday through some short, choppy twisties up and down hills, just playing. We were about halfway through a series of snake like curves going over hills and I couldnt see beyond the curve I was on. I was coming around a 20 mph curve at about 45 and hugging the edge of the asphalt as I habitually do because of oncoming cars being over the centerline. About midpoint in my turn, with the bike leaned over pretty decently, I see a big triangle of loose sand from a rain runoff covering my lane from the pavement edge almost to the centerline. Instinctively, I opened up my radius to swing wide to the centerline to avoid the sand. As I did, an oncoming car popped up, coming over the hill and into my turn, also dead on the centerline. It was a short approach and I only had a second before the side of the car would have cleaned the left mirror off the bike. My track was ok, but I needed clearance for my mirror hehehehe, so the quickest thing I could think of was to shove the bike over with the handlebars, but not wanting to change my projected track and balance, I didnt lean with the bike. I had the bike leaning way over to the right for mirror clearance and I was leaned to the left to maintain my track. I cant help but wonder what the cager thought to see a bike coming his way, leaned way over to the right with the rider leaned way over to the left. LOL I couldnt stop laughing about that all afternoon. :-) I'm probably too old to be doing this kinda crap though. eheheh

Earl
    Last edited by earlfor; 05-01-2006, 05:44 PM.
    All the robots copy robots.

Komorebi-The light filtering through the trees.

You are free to choose, but you are not free from the consequences of your choices.

I bet that was a site!

Earl, I want to be like you when I grow up!\\/

Comment

I think you're already there Janet. (meaning you're just as nuts as I am) LOL My problem may be that I just dont wanna gro up. hehehehe

Earl

Originally posted by Atilla the Bunny
      I bet that was a site!

Earl, I want to be like you when I grow up!\\/

Last edited by earlfor; 04-30-2006, 10:09 PM.

You are free to choose, but you are not free from the consequences of your choices.

Comment

Originally posted by earlfor
        Platt and I were out for a ride yesterday through some short, choppy twisties up and down hills, just playing. We were about halfway through a series of snake like curves going over hills and I couldnt see beyond the curve I was on. I was coming around a 20 mph curve at about 45 and hugging the edge of the asphalt as I habitually do because of oncoming cars being over the centerline. About midpoint in my turn, with the bike leaned over pretty decently, I see a big triangle of loose sand from a rain runoff covering my lane from the pavement edge almost to the centerline. Instinctively, I opened up my radius to swing wide to the centerline to avoid the sand. As I did, an oncoming car popped up, coming over the hill and into my turn, also dead on the centerline. It was a short approach and I only had a second before the side of the car would have cleaned the left mirror off the bike. My track was ok, but I needed clearance for my mirror hehehehe, so the quickest thing I could think of was to shove the bike over with the handlebars, but not wanting to change my projected track and balance, I didnt lean with the bike. I had the bike leaning way over to the right for mirror clearance and I was leaned to the left to maintain my track. I cant help but wonder what the cager thought to see a bike coming his way, leaned way over to the right with the rider leaned way over to the left. LOL I couldnt stop laughing about that all afternoon. :-) I'm probably too old to be doing this kinda crap though. eheheh

Earl
        Good strategy, Earl. Save the mirror and hang out your head in its place.

A man's got to set priorities.

Comment

Hey! I had enough of each to split the difference LMAO. You go ahead and bust up your mirrors, I aint busting up mine. LOL Funny thing is, just for giggles, I used to turn right and lean left a lot when I was younger. It was more instinctive than anything else.

Earl

Originally posted by Boondocks

Last edited by earlfor; 05-02-2006, 12:01 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by earlfor
            Hey! I had enough of each to split the difference LMAO. You go ahead and bust up your mirrors, I aint busting up mine. LOL Funny thing is, just for giggles, I used to turn right and lean left a lot when I was younger. It was more instinctive than anything else.

Earl
            I have your epitaph ready:

Here Lies Earl Forever Gone
            He was Hanging Off instead of Hanging On
            He Gave His Life for His Mirror
            Lost His Head but the Mirror was Dearer
            :-({|=
            Last edited by Guest; 05-02-2006, 04:49 AM.

Comment

I have your epitaph ready:

Here Lies Earl Forever Gone
              He was Hanging Off instead of Hanging On
              He Gave His Life for His Mirror
              Lost His Head but the Mirror was Dearer
              :-({|=

See there are things you don't know yet. What you may know as Earl does is that those mirrors are getting harder to come by these days. What you obviously don't know that Earl does is that if Earl's head gets snapped off he will simply grow another one right back. You've seen MIB haven't you? Nuff said :twisted:

Comment

This is sooo funny. :-) Go ahead, make fun of me and see if I care. LOL I have two perfectly good, undamaged mirrors. How many do y'all have? eheheh

Eael

Comment

Originally posted by Hoomgar
                  What you obviously don't know that Earl does is that if Earl's head gets snapped off he will simply grow another one right back. You've seen MIB haven't you? Nuff said :twisted:
                  Which also means he has eye's in the back of his head and don't need no stinking mirrors.

Comment

We love Earl :mrgreen:

Comment

You gotta unna stand the logic here

If'n a mirror gets broke it's a shattering experience, and you can't look back on it, but iff'n the head comes off, the mirror can tell where it went!

Hmmm......must sit back and reflect on that one....
                      Bertrand Russell: 'Men are born ignorant, not stupid. They are made stupid by education.'

Comment

Originally posted by argonsagas

If'n a mirror gets broke it's a shattering experience, and you can't look back on it, but iff'n the head comes off, the mirror can tell where it went!

Hmmm, reflection indeed.
                        I feel a little like Grasshopper after reading this post :-D

Comment

That be a good'un uncle Erkle. :-) :-)

Earl

Originally posted by argonsagas

Comment

Working...
                          X